Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other: please specify

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sunriser

sunriser

Audiophyte
Hello all,

I'm close to entering my new flat and now the time has come to choose the speaks for my Home Theater.

I want to install an 5.2.1 Atmos system and I'm hesitating about all the others speakers: on-wall or in-cell?

I want my speakers as discreet as possible but i don't want to compromise too much on sound quality neither.

My first choice was to put everything in-cell with Focal Custom IW 106 speakers until I read somewhere that all in-cell speakers and Atmos don't mix very well. In-cell center was a bad idea anyway.

I then pondered to put down the R/C/L and take 3 Jamo A804 around the TV, two in-cell Monitor Audio CWT 140 for Atmos speakers and two Monitor Audio SoundFrame SF3 for surround.

My last option in to raise back the surround in-cell.

What would you choose? Any advice is welcomed.

Attachments

Valentino Molinar

Valentino Molinar

Enthusiast
Hard to believe that no one has offered an opinion. And since this post was made early December '15, and you probably already made a choice; I feel pretty safe of offering an opinion...

Of your options;
Option 1; you want your entrance to your home to be as unobstructed as possible.
Option 3; while seemingly ideal placement, places speakers along the seem of two rooms; bad idea.
Option 2; I would consider this the best, just as long as you angle the audio direction inward for optimal performance.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Even 5 channel surround suffers when you have your listening position at the back wall. Atmos would be a waste of money in that room. You will find much better sound from a few great sounding speakers as opposed to many mediocre speakers shooting sound all over the room!

L

Latent

Full Audioholic
Even 5 channel surround suffers when you have your listening position at the back wall. Atmos would be a waste of money in that room. You will find much better sound from a few great sounding speakers as opposed to many mediocre speakers shooting sound all over the room!
From his pictures the couch has about 10 feet to the back wall.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis