HELP: Challenging layout - how to best get help?

H

HTnewbie

Junior Audioholic
Quick question: I have a challenge in that I want to install a HT in our great room which is adjacent to our kitchen and a casual dining room. I am no expert but I am sure the acoustics are a mess. To write out the full description would be too cumbersome for me and the reader. If I take photos and post here would you folks take a look and offer opinions, advice, etc. I would even draw up a rough floor plan. If I get a few folks who would be interested I can post the details.

Thanks.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Not that I'd be of any great help, but people will indeed be very willing to help if you post what you mentioned. Also make sure to include dimensions, budget, and other desires/requirements (such as appearance, importance of WAF, etc).

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
even though writing could be difficult, trying to phrase a situation can often give you (the most important person) a better handle on your problem. Try writting it up. Just to clarify your potential problems in your own head.

M

Mr. Music

Enthusiast
HTnewbie said:
Quick question: I have a challenge in that I want to install a HT in our great room which is adjacent to our kitchen and a casual dining room. I am no expert but I am sure the acoustics are a mess. To write out the full description would be too cumbersome for me and the reader. If I take photos and post here would you folks take a look and offer opinions, advice, etc. I would even draw up a rough floor plan. If I get a few folks who would be interested I can post the details.

Thanks.
If you make a floor plan and its not too complicated I can calculate the best speakers positions with CARA. Remember to add the ceiling height and add admissible speaker and listeter regions if any.

Az B

Az B

Audioholic
A rough floor plan would be more useful than pictures. Also be sure to list your equipment.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis