I

Iker

Enthusiast
Hi

Is there anyone knows anything about these speakers....
I make my search but nothing to found and read....
Help!!!!!!

B

baltun

Enthusiast
I’m afraid I can’t tell you anything about Celan GT902, but I can share my views on The New Statement, which are quite similar to the former in many aspects.

Firstly, the craftsmanship is superb, and I’m sure there’s no difference in this regard between the two models.

The sound has impressive scale in both width and depth. I wouldn’t say it has either a ‘forward’ or ‘laid back’ character. Perhaps a good way to put it is to say it’s not intrusive, and certainly it’s not a “tiring” sound.

While the balance across the frequency spectrum is very linear (not sure if 'linear' is an adequate term), and there is never an impression of discrepancy between, or preponderance of the lows, mids and highs in relation to each other, the HFs have a slight touch of metallic sound on some recordings. I wouldn’t say, however, that they are annoying or irritating. The bottom line here is that the tops are definitely not “silky” or smooth.

Something I enjoy very much about this model is that the speakers seem to “disappear”, and one is left with the sound only, i.e. there’s no impression one is listening to the speakers as such. They have, therefore, an involving sound. However, this impression is most felt at considerable volumes.
(Some people say that good speakers are those one want to play at higher volumes. This is definitely the case with HTNS).

In my opinion, they reproduce very well all “soft” musical genres, but when it comes to Rock/Metal, there’s this lack of a more ‘forward’ or ‘in-your-face’ sound character. However, this varies with different recordings, almost certainly given the differences in recording/mixing/mastering processes between them.

Important note: I am currently using them with an average quality amp rated at only 85Watt/8Ohm, something which definitely badly affects the HTNS performance. While certainly a new amp with higher output power will benefit the sound, I’m not sure if it will bring more ‘forwardness’ when playing Rock/Metal. Different people tell me absolutely different and contradictory things on this matter.

Finally, because I was considering getting either Celan GT902 and TNS, the widely confirmed information I got at that time from those who listened to both models is that the mids are less pronounced (or ‘open’) on the GT902, in comparison to TNS. This was essentially the primary difference pointed between the two models in terms of their sound.

I hope this was somewhat of help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis