Heat removal near ceiling

Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan

Audioholic Intern
Any one having problems with their projectors running hot near the ceiling?

My Epson PJ fan is running at max speed as the PJ heats up and the localised area around the unit remains warmer.

Considering using a small fan (computer 80mm) to move airflow, this may or may not work, Any one with similar heat issues who have resolved it, I would appreciate your suggestions.

Clearance from ceiling to top of PJ is 100mm (4")

Thanks.:cool:

Attachments

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
80mm fan wont move a lot of air in and of itself for the area you want to be able to cool. It might supplement intake or exhaust on the projector itself depending on what way you mounted it, but the heat is going to "soak" up in the ceiling.

Is this a room right under the roof? Or is it an interior room away from the roof?
I have a few options that would work.... either way....

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Any one having problems with their projectors running hot near the ceiling?

My Epson PJ fan is running at max speed as the PJ heats up and the localised area around the unit remains warmer.

Considering using a small fan (computer 80mm) to move airflow, this may or may not work, Any one with similar heat issues who have resolved it, I would appreciate your suggestions.

Clearance from ceiling to top of PJ is 100mm (4")

Thanks.:cool:
How does that 4" compare to the manual recommendation of distance to ceiling? How is the clearance to the sides and back? Where is the intake on that pj?

Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan

Audioholic Intern
Is this a room right under the roof? Or is it an interior room away from the roof?
I have a few options that would work.... either way....
Roof space above the PJ is a standard pitched roof... about 5 to 6 feet, with insulation between the rafters.

How does that 4" compare to the manual recommendation of distance to ceiling? How is the clearance to the sides and back? Where is the intake on that pj?
There is no recommendation in the manual to the placement of projector distance to the ceiling. Except that it can be mounted inverted on the ceiling via the ceiling mount (obviously).

There are no other obstructions around the projector, i.e it is in the centre of the room on the ceiling. The air intake is on the underside, centrally located left side of the projector, now on top when inverted and the exhaust is towards the front left when looking from the front (inverted)

BTW, The PJ is Epson TW-200.

Thanks for your info

majorloser

majorloser

I live in Florida, so the heat around the ceiling is always there.

My suggestion is to do like I did, install an HVAC return duct on the ceiling by your projector.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
...There are no other obstructions around the projector, i.e it is in the centre of the room on the ceiling. The air intake is on the underside, centrally located left side of the projector, now on top when inverted and the exhaust is towards the front left when looking from the front (inverted)
BTW, The PJ is Epson TW-200.
Thanks for your info
Boy, that is not a good intake and exhaust combination contributing to your problem being so close to the ceiling.:eek: I only see that exhaust above it that was suggested.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis