Headphone Fashion Guide

Does fashion trump quality in headphones?

• Yes

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Yes, but only to the uninitiated or neophyte.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, unless I can't match the color of my headphones to my man purse.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
It's safe to assume that Audioholics readers are the kinds of people who choose headphones, or any audio equipment, on the merits of sound quality first. But headphones are one of the oldest wearable technologies that have become highly mobile in recent years, so it makes sense they have also morphed into one of the fastest growing fashion trends in recent years.

Although our primary requirement from a pair of headphones is sound quality, these days is it even possible to totally avoid headphone fashion trends?

Read: Headphone Fashion Guide

Do you think fashion triumph quality? Vote in our poll and give some examples to support your vote by commenting below.

Last edited:
TaintedKane

TaintedKane

Audiophyte
Honestly, I would rather have my headphones sound great and feel comfortable. That's what is most important to me. While I do enjoy seeing crazy looking cool headphones, personally it isn't for me. I think most people on a forum like this would likely say that quality trumps style

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Is the question referring to most people or to us as individuals? Because it is obvious that they're being used as a fashion statement in the "mainstream", or at least were for a while.

For me, it is functionality (comfort, well built) and sound quality first.

Ironically, my go-to earbuds are the cheapest ones I own, my Amazon ear buds that I paid $9 for. They fit well, have adequate sound quality (not perfect, but at that price who cares?) and have been extremely reliable. So function over SQ is a factor as well when it comes to having to take them in and out of my ears often while also not getting fatigued or soreness from them over time at work.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis