hdmi splitters for long runs?

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
I am looking for an hdmi splitter to send my fios signal to two seperate tv's. I am remote mounting my equipment so the fios line in to the splitter will be tops 3ft long but the hdmi cables going to the tv's are long. One is 25 ft and the other is 45ft. I thought i bought the largest gauge wire i could find at 24awg but all of the splitters i have found say 22awg is needed. Does anyone know of a splitter that would work with these cables or what are my alternatives? Just when i thought i was getting close, another wrench throws itself into the works.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I am looking for an hdmi splitter to send my fios signal to two seperate tv's. I am remote mounting my equipment so the fios line in to the splitter will be tops 3ft long but the hdmi cables going to the tv's are long. One is 25 ft and the other is 45ft. I thought i bought the largest gauge wire i could find at 24awg but all of the splitters i have found say 22awg is needed. Does anyone know of a splitter that would work with these cables or what are my alternatives? Just when i thought i was getting close, another wrench throws itself into the works.
For the 45 ft run you will need active cables and or boosters.

With a good cable the 25 ft run should be OK just.

This will tell you what you need to know.

A

aethelbuz1978

Audiophyte
If you are looking to split and extend a HDMI signal father than 35 ft I would recommend going with a HDMI Splitter Extender over Cat6 cables. You can check KVMSwitchTech as they offer a wide range of 2/4/8 Port HDMI Splitter Extender solutions that also support bi directional IR and RS232 for remote monitoring.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis