HDMI Receiver problem

T

tkolb

Audiophyte
Have a Marantz 7008 for which I already had HDMI board serviced. Running 35' HDMI cable to projector. Connected to Marantz is cable box and Apple TV.
Situation: 35' HDMI cable from Apple TV directly to projector no problem everything works normally.
2) 35' HDMI directly from cable box to projector = no signal
Even short run of HDMI cable directly to a monitor = no signal.
3) Connect 35' HDMI cable from projector to receiver = no signal from cable box or Apple TV.
Called Marantz who told me to use booster so bought a Gefen Superbooster plus. Still no signal.
Everything points to long run cable problem except how come connecting long run from Apple TV to projector works but not directly from cable box (2). ???
What's going on and how do I fix this?
Thank you. Tom

T

tkolb

Audiophyte
BTW Cable box works normally w a different receiver in another room. Don't understand where the problem is.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

When you have the 35' foot HDMI cable connected to the Marantz, can you see the receiver's menu on the projector?

Also, have you tried the cable box directly, and the Marantz, connected to the projector using a shorter cable? I'm wondering if perhaps it's a resolution setting on the cable box and Marantz that is the issue.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You should get one of these things. I had to keep disconnecting and connecting TV and PJ and it wears out those HDMI ports. I got mine a bit cheaper, but my seller sold out: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-HD-1x2-Port-HDMI-Splitter-Amplifier-Repeater-3D-1080p-Female-Power-Adapter-/391154917472?hash=item5b12a66060
or
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-HD-HDMI-Splitter-1X4-4-Port-Hub-Repeater-Amplifier-v1-4-3D-1080p-1-in-4-out-/151692796634?hash=item23519862da
May not help your situation, but in the long run can help from a HDMI failure in the future. I would call/email your cable company and get tech support. Maybe there is a certian way to hook up.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis