S

sharok

Audiophyte
Hi Everybody,
I have an LCD TV that has an HDMI 1.2a INPUT and an HD DVD Player which has an HDMI 1.3 output. Both the TV and the DVD player are connected to my Denon 3808 receiver using HDMI 1.3 cables.

Can my TV ever take advantage of the HDMI 1.3 DVD player features or my picture quality will never improve beyond HDMI 1.2a?

In other words, am I missing anything?

Thanks for your help.

canIscream

canIscream

Enthusiast
What TV? From what I understand, the benefits of going from 1.2a to 1.3 aren't noticeable to most. As far as your TV goes, nothing short of a hardware and firmware update would let you have 1.3 capabilities which hardly seems worth it in my mind.

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Audioholics had an artical on the difference between HDMI versions, to crudely summarize; it's nothing to lose sleep over. There are no improvements to be had in picture quality between v1.2a and v1.3 with current technologies and software.

S

sharok

Audiophyte
My TV is a Sharp AQUOS LC-65D93U 65" LCD. But since you and no. 5 say that I'm not missing anything, I wont be worried about it anymore.

Thanks again for your advise.

canIscream

canIscream

Enthusiast
Audioholics had an artical on the difference between HDMI versions, to crudely summarize; it's nothing to lose sleep over. There are no improvements to be had in picture quality between v1.2a and v1.3 with current technologies and software.
That was a good article. Thanks for posting it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis