H

hillbill

Audioholic
Hi, I have a couple new pieces of gear and I am experiencing some hiccups if you will. First off, this is my first real foray into HDMI, but certainly not my first in Home Theater. Anyway, here is a brief look at my source equipment and then I’ll mention my problem.

Receiver: Marantz NR1602
TV: Samsung PN51D550C1, 51” plasma
Blu Ray: Panasonic BD85K
DVD Audio/SACD: Pioneer Elite DV-48
SAT: Directv H20 HD Reciever

All are hooked up via HDMI. The 3 components via HDMI into the Marantz and then onto the TV. The 3 components are hooked up by some “cheap” GE High Speed cables and then the TV is hooked up via a <cough, cough> Monster 8 ft cable. While watching Directv, I have no problems what so ever. While playing SACDs, CDs, DVD-A’s in the Pioneer, I have no problems . However, while watching blu-rays on the Panasonic I experience hiccups both in the audio and video. This usually happens early on in a movie and then seems to go away. While watching a DVD on the Pioneer (as a test), it does it as well. But only a few times during the first say 15 minutes of a movie...then it goes away. A friend of mine is letting me borrow an HDMI cable he bought from Amazon (I think) and I am going to test the Panasonic connection. Any other ideas?

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
Hi, I have a couple new pieces of gear and I am experiencing some hiccups if you will. First off, this is my first real foray into HDMI, but certainly not my first in Home Theater. Anyway, here is a brief look at my source equipment and then I’ll mention my problem.

Receiver: Marantz NR1602
TV: Samsung PN51D550C1, 51” plasma
Blu Ray: Panasonic BD85K
DVD Audio/SACD: Pioneer Elite DV-48
SAT: Directv H20 HD Reciever

All are hooked up via HDMI. The 3 components via HDMI into the Marantz and then onto the TV. The 3 components are hooked up by some “cheap” GE High Speed cables and then the TV is hooked up via a <cough, cough> Monster 8 ft cable. While watching Directv, I have no problems what so ever. While playing SACDs, CDs, DVD-A’s in the Pioneer, I have no problems . However, while watching blu-rays on the Panasonic I experience hiccups both in the audio and video. This usually happens early on in a movie and then seems to go away. While watching a DVD on the Pioneer (as a test), it does it as well. But only a few times during the first say 15 minutes of a movie...then it goes away. A friend of mine is letting me borrow an HDMI cable he bought from Amazon (I think) and I am going to test the Panasonic connection. Any other ideas?
Swap HDMI cables between the Panasonic and another source and see if the problem follows the cables, then swap the player with another hdmi source and see if the problem follows the player.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
There seems to be a HDMI handshake issue. Is the Panasonic's firmware current?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, sounds like a handshake issue for sure. Then again, it could be that your system doesn't like one of your HDMI cables (Monster) :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis