HDMI HD Audio extractor for NON 4K processor/receiver

C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
Hello, I want to extract the best quality audio from an HDMI signal to feed my home theater processor that does not support 4k, my TV does. I have read the solution for this is an HD Fury Vertex2. I currently have a J-Tech splitter/scaler, but I can't pull HD audio, only DD5.1. My question is, will the Vertex2 feed both TV and audio processor with the best quality audio and video that each of them are capable of reading. If my TV receives at 4k but in 5.1 Dolby Digital, can I still get 7.1 True HD, DTS MA, etc... on my audio processor??? Is there another product for this??

When I connect Apple TV4k direct to my AVR it receives in PCM. Also with network movies and Netflix.
When I split the signal with a splitter/scaler, I only receive in Dolby Digital 5.1, apparently my TV is setting that limit that dictates the split signal to the AVR.

TV: Samsung j6300 4k HDR
AV: Marantz AV8003 (Non 4K)
Source: Apple TV4K, Used also for Netflix, Infuse Pro for Network Movies of my NAS, and Youtube.

Thank you very much

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
You could take the Hdmi source Apple TV 4K and plug it directly to the tv bypassing the receiver to preserve the 4K video and use a digital optical cable from the Tv audio out and plug it into the receiver.

C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
You could take the Hdmi source Apple TV 4K and plug it directly to the tv bypassing the receiver to preserve the 4K video and use a digital optical cable from the Tv audio out and plug it into the receiver.
Yep, that is what I am doing now and I only get Dolby Digital 5.1. It woks flawless, but what I am trying is to get the HD audio formats, like DTS MA, True HD, etc..and possibly expand to 7.1. Toslink does not support these, only HDMI.

C

Carlos rodriguez

Junior Audioholic
Here is the reply form HDFury.

If you have SOURCE > HDFURY > one output to TV other to AVR,
then you have:

[FIRST OPTION: the one everybody does]
FULL AUDIO (ATMOS/TRUEHD whatever your sound system support as MAX and that the source is capable of offering) to AVR
FULL VIDEO (4K HDR/DV/LLDV/HDR10+/etc...) to TV

So in this case, only AVR will play sound, TV won't play any sound because it does not support the max audio format you are sending to AVR.

[SECOND OPTION : the one you get with any spliiter]
You can also do like any normal splitter would do and request TV MAX SOUND so both AVR and TV get the TV MAX audio format, so both can play sound.

What is not possible is the following: MAX sound to AVR (ex TRUE HD), while at the same time, MAX sound to TV (ex 5.1) because our devices do not manipulate audio format, what comes in/goes out untouched.

I think I got it.

The vertex will supply the max sound and the max video resolution available on any of the 2 outputs. So avr gets max sound and tv gets max video. But the tv will not be able to play the max sound dictated by the avr because it will not support it.

The first option is exactly what I need!!! Thank you very much for your help!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis