R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
Can anyone recomend a DVD changer with HDMI? The only ones I found were the Yamaha C950 and Sony CX955. Are there any more? Is the picture and sound quality any good? Thanks in advance.

Z

zoran

Audioholic
Rossww said:
Can anyone recomend a DVD changer with HDMI? The only ones I found were the Yamaha C950 and Sony CX955. Are there any more? Is the picture and sound quality any good? Thanks in advance.

YAMAHA DVD-c950, no ilink, bad remote!! Rest does every thing!

R

Rossww

Audioholic Intern
zoran said:
YAMAHA DVD-c950, no ilink, bad remote!! Rest does every thing!
Thanks for responding, but I'm not sure I understand? What to you mean "Rest does everything"?

Senior Audioholic
Personally I hate DVD/CD changers. Every one I owned or used generally made me mad. The biggest gripe I have with them is the slow startup time.

Typical moment,

I want to play a CD. I hit the power button.
The changer boots up and starts going through every position to determine if a disc is present.
If it finds a disk then it has to figure out what type of disc it is.
Meanwhile I am about ready to throw the thing out the window because I want to play the disc in my hand, but it will not open to player until it is finished...
If all the slots wer full it could take three minutes or more for it to finially decide it was ok for me to open the drawer and change a disk. :mad:

My wife and I both agreed never ever purchase another DVD/CD changer. We bought a nice Samsung upconverting single disk player. I can hit the power, open the drawer, insert a disk and be playing in less than a minute.

D

DaveOCP

Audioholic
10010011 said:
Personally I hate DVD/CD changers. Every one I owned or used generally made me mad. The biggest gripe I have with them is the slow startup time.

Typical moment,

I want to play a CD. I hit the power button.
The changer boots up and starts going through every position to determine if a disc is present.
If it finds a disk then it has to figure out what type of disc it is.
Meanwhile I am about ready to throw the thing out the window because I want to play the disc in my hand, but it will not open to player until it is finished...
If all the slots wer full it could take three minutes or more for it to finially decide it was ok for me to open the drawer and change a disk. :mad:

My wife and I both agreed never ever purchase another DVD/CD changer. We bought a nice Samsung upconverting single disk player. I can hit the power, open the drawer, insert a disk and be playing in less than a minute.
Sounds like you had a very lousy changer. My Pioneer Elite DV-F07 does not do anything like that. If I want to play a specific CD that is already in the unit, I turn it on, pick out the CD from the menu, and play it. It doesnt scan anything unless you tell it to. If I want to play a CD that is not in the changer, I hit a button and it goes straight to the "+1" slot which is seperate from the other 300 discs and always empty. You just put in the CD and press play. Again, no scanning. It starts playing just as fast as a single disc drawer. If you take a bunch of discs out, it can figure out which discs are gone in less than 10 seconds. If you move a bunch of discs around, it rescans only the discs that have been moved , not every disc in the system, and updates its memory as to which new slots those discs are now in. If you move 10 discs to new slots, the process takes less than a minute, and it only happens if you tell it to check for discs that have moved. It never makes you wait for anything. The Pioneer is designed so well that Onkyo, Integra, and Marantz bought them and sold them under their own badges for awhile. I've had mine since 2000, and its still the best CD\DVD changer I've come across, which is kind of sad, actually. It sounds excellent, but unfortunately the video circuitry is pretty dated as its a "vintage" DVD player. I keep waiting for Pioneer to do another.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis