B

Bill Simpson

Audiophyte
I'm thinking of purchasing an Onyko TX-NR626 AV receiver. Most of my equipment (at least at this time) have composite connectors (No HDMI except my TV). If I connect my DVD player's composite connectors to the receiver, will the receiver internally route the video to the HDMI output which will be connected to my TV?. Also, there are CBL/SAT composite connectors on the receiver. Can they be used for a 2nd DVD player?

Sorry for what are probably pretty basic questions but I've been away from this stuff for a really long time.
I used to be really good at it in my early days.

Thank you... Bill Simpson

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hi, You want to make sure the receiver will upconvert from composite to HDMI. The manual states it will only upconvert a 480i signal so make sure your DVD player and other components are not set to 480p or you will get an error message.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
If I can interject a thought here, please, please, find a few $$ to pick up even a rudimentary blu-ray player. That will have HDMI and will allow you to use that one connection for everything. No need for anything except one HDMI between the Blu-iray and the receiver, and one more between the receiver and the TV.

Personally, I like Sony and most, if not all, have internet capability and, on all but the lowest models, wireless internet built in.

Trust me here. You won't regret it.

B

Bill Simpson

Audiophyte
Hi adk highlander... All my DVD/DVR equipment is 13+ years old... does 480p/i actually apply.

B

Bill Simpson

Audiophyte
Thanks markw.. One of the reasons I chose this is it seems to have a lot for the money. It also has a lot of composite connections
which all my current equipment has. It also has a phono input is a main requirement for me. Yes, I plan on getting a blu-ray player but right now isn't a good time for me. I was recently let go from work and am currently looking for a job. The only reason I need a new receiver is mine quit working (Yamaha RX-V592)

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, at least see if you can use the component connections. They are better than composite.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hi Bill. Yes it can still apply but it all is probably 480i. Older gear would probably say progressive somewhere on it.

B

Bill Simpson

Audiophyte
Thanks adk highlander. I will get my user manuals out.
Thanks markw... Yes I do have component connections on both my players

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis