HDMI audio cuts off when hooking up HDMI projector to receiver

C

choitown

Audiophyte
-PC with ATI Firepro V5800
-Onkyo TX-NR525 reciever
-Energy take 5.1
-Optoma DW339 projector

I first had an hdmi connection going from the firepro to the receiver, which worked great for transmitting audio through hdmi.
Then I connected the projector to the receiver's output with HDMI, at which point I was able to get video on the projector coming from the computer, but audio stopped. So basically, as soon as i connect the projector, audio suddenly cuts. can someone explain why this might be happening and how I can solve this?

One thing I should mention, when I go to playback devices at this point, I can see that the ATI HDMI Audio is still active and transmitting signal (indicated by the equalizer bars going up and down on the playback window).

Thanks!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
-PC with ATI Firepro V5800
-Onkyo TX-NR525 reciever
-Energy take 5.1
-Optoma DW339 projector

I first had an hdmi connection going from the firepro to the receiver, which worked great for transmitting audio through hdmi.
Then I connected the projector to the receiver's output with HDMI, at which point I was able to get video on the projector coming from the computer, but audio stopped. So basically, as soon as i connect the projector, audio suddenly cuts. can someone explain why this might be happening and how I can solve this?

One thing I should mention, when I go to playback devices at this point, I can see that the ATI HDMI Audio is still active and transmitting signal (indicated by the equalizer bars going up and down on the playback window).

Thanks!
You probably have the HDMI audio out set to on. I know this seems counter intuitive, but you need to go the HDMI set up menu and set HDMI audio out to off.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis