HD Tuner/DVR for Projector

M

MarkMM

Enthusiast
Hey..

Looking for an HD tuner or tuner with recorder to get over the air HD content to my projector? I don't have cable or sat and don't want them. I also don't see the point in paying Tivo $20 a month. Might as well get cable then. Looks like Sony and Samsung used to make them, but don't know. Having a hard time finding any that aren't for Cable or DirectTV.

Thanks!

~ Mark

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
For OTA stuff You could windows laptop with Windows MCE or MythTV if you feel a more technical.
For tuner itself - plenty of choices, http://www.hauppauge.com/ make some of more popular models.

M

MarkMM

Enthusiast
Thanks! Really don't want to stick a windows box in my cabinet, (or in my house for that matter :p) just to watch local stations. I'll check out that other one.

C

cutter

Audioholic
I was interested in this as well- after some research, there just isn't much out there- ChannelMaster has a DVR for dual tuner OTA, I think it used to be owned by DishNetwork- it's about $300. No monthly fee-

They are kinda hard to find. I just sold my replay TV's, mostly because I am spoiled with the HD picture quality provided by DishNetwork DVR. I also just had U-verse installed, the jury is still out on how it compares-

AVS forum has some good information on these DVR's FYI.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis