Haze, Bourne and Grid demos on PSN

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Bourne is the most interesting one so far; it keeps pace with the very fast feeling of the movie, keeping you on your toes at all times. The fighting system is completely bad a**. It is a very simple, yet effective system and it looks great, with a lot of special movies. The graphics are good, not great, but the demo is very fun.

Haze has great graphics, IMO, on par with Uncharted. It looks a little like a cross between Halo and Turok though. The controls are easy enough to pick up and game play is pretty interesting. Some unique features make it stand out a bit from the typical FPS, but I'd have to play a bit more of it to say it is really great. It has potential. Having read about it in a magazine, I know the story already, but the demo only gives you a hint at where it is going.

Fun, arcade style racing. Using the same engine as DiRT, it looks great but doesn't quite have the best physics. Damage modeling is great, if a bit too severe, but overall a fun game.

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
Ya I am a big fan of the new Bourne demo, thought it was pretty cool, we will have to see what it's like with the full version. Grid was ok for me, I am not big into racing games, I would rather play motorstorm than that, I prefer a more arcadey type racing game.

As for Haze, it was cool with the whole nectar aspect, but I just didn't really like it , the controls felt... sloppy I guess I would say, and I guess I was just really excited for it and was really let down by the demo. Again who knows the final version I may love but the demo was a real let down for me.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought Grid was pretty arcade-y, but the damage factor was a bit out of control. ANY little bump and you are missing parts of your car and in a race game you don't really have much choice; there will be bumping. The physics are nowhere near as good as dirt or Prologue. The drift challenge was the most interesting. The one with the Mustang was OK, but I expect I will be deleting this one shortly.

I agree that the controls are iffy on Haze, and the movements of the characters is a bit off as well. The game is interesting enough that I will keep my eye on it, as it could be fun in multiplayer. The graphics, while not fully rendered and interactive like Uncharted, continue to impress.

I find it interesting that Bourne also included the fairly decent car chase aspect as well, ala GTA4. Not free roaming, but looks like they used a decent engine for that part. Integrated well without turning it into a racing sim. The shooter portion was OK, but aiming and movement while aiming was a bit difficult.

K

kragnorok

Junior Audioholic
Well, Haze has been reviewed and my thoughts were realized, though I was hoping for a really good review for the PS3 to pick up some more steam.

But ya, below average reviews from what I have seen, 4.5/10 on IGN... ouch.

Seems like the full release wasn't much better than the demo.

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I tried the Grid demo on X360. Although I'm a sim racer (Live for Speed), I found the game quite enjoyable. The graphics and sound are amazing. The gameplay, after I got used to it, turned out to be satisfying.
I might get this game just for the drift part. It's a blast :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis