Having Trouble With Bitstream

Polygon

Polygon

Audioholic
I just upgraded the video card in my HTPC to a 5450. It's supposed to able to support bitstream for the uncompressed codecs. However, on my receiver I only get PCM so it's not bitstreaming. I looked at the driver for the HDMI audio and it says that it's only 2ch. It also says it's a MS driver. I tried installing the RealTek driver but nothing changes. Still say it's using the MS driver.

Yes, my reciever can do the uncompressed codecs
Yes, I'm trying this using a BD with an uncompressed codec
Yes, I'm running the latest driver from ATi (Driver Only)
Yes, I'm running the latest patch of Arc Soft TMT3

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I just upgraded the video card in my HTPC to a 5450. It's supposed to able to support bitstream for the uncompressed codecs. However, on my receiver I only get PCM so it's not bitstreaming. I looked at the driver for the HDMI audio and it says that it's only 2ch. It also says it's a MS driver. I tried installing the RealTek driver but nothing changes. Still say it's using the MS driver.

Yes, my reciever can do the uncompressed codecs
Yes, I'm trying this using a BD with an uncompressed codec
Yes, I'm running the latest driver from ATi (Driver Only)
Yes, I'm running the latest patch of Arc Soft TMT3

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I assume you are running Windows vista or 7 and your TMT3 is Platinum version?
HDMI Audio driver shouldn't be from Realtek or MS, but should be installed with Video card. I suggest for you to search amd site for HDMI audio driver.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've been doing PDVD10 Ultra + TrueHD/DTS-HD on the ATI Radeon 5xxx cards (on 3 different PCs) for over a year now.

GlocksRock has been doing it for over a year also.

But I have never done the 5xxx card with TMT3.

I don't have great fond memories of TMT3 when I was using it. So I try to steer away from them.:D

One thing I'm sure about with PDVD is that you MUST use Windows 7!

So are you using Windows 7 with TMT3?

I use the entire driver set from ATI - HDMI video & audio.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I do it without issue with PowerDVD 10, TMT can do it, but you need to use the right HDMI driver for it to work. Your best bet is to use powerdvd 10, and you have to start the blu ray playing before you can change the audio from pcm to non decoded high definition audio output in the settings.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis