Have you ever just "lost it"?

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
The Dukester said:
Howdy, Ironlung.
I won't try to answer for all the post by Mule, but I can answer the 2 masters part. Whether we acknowledge it or not, one of two masters rules us. We are either ruled by Satan or by God as the Bible explains it. You may not agree with this, but the Bible makes it clear.

You can also compare it to, let's say, a man-woman relationship. If you have a wife, you should be totaly devoted to her. You cannot have more than one woman at the center of your heart. If you are married and let someone else in, you are not fully serving your wife, if that makes sense.

The passage comes from Matthew 6:24 Jesus says that you cannot love both God and Money. Although it is certainly no sin to have money, if you make the desire to have money more important than serving God, then money is your master, not God. I love to make money, but I have to put God first. If it comes down to a choice of making some extra bread or serving God by doing something He has asked me to do, then I will chose God.

Hope this helps you understand at least part of the post.
Dukester

Thats all nice. In fact everything in the bible is nice except for one problem. Who's to say{well the belivers for one} that anything or everything in the bible is true or right? God and Satan because it says so in the bible. God's coming back because it says so in the bible. So on and so on but once again,who's to say what part of the bible is is fact,fiction or whatever. Anything,anything that old thats been handed down so many 1000's of years,has been rewritten so many times,many we might not even know about and thats what i'm talking about. We really do not know what the very first bible,as written says. Its like a group that passes along a joke and by the time it gets to the last person in the group,it isnt anything like it was in the beginning. I wonder how the bible written today is different from the very first one. Maybe very little or a whole heck of alot.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
shokhead said:
Thats all nice. In fact everything in the bible is nice except for one problem. Who's to say{well the belivers for one} that anything or everything in the bible is true or right? God and Satan because it says so in the bible. God's coming back because it says so in the bible. So on and so on but once again,who's to say what part of the bible is is fact,fiction or whatever. Anything,anything that old thats been handed down so many 1000's of years,has been rewritten so many times,many we might not even know about and thats what i'm talking about. We really do not know what the very first bible,as written says. Its like a group that passes along a joke and by the time it gets to the last person in the group,it isnt anything like it was in the beginning. I wonder how the bible written today is different from the very first one. Maybe very little or a whole heck of alot.
.....Shokhead, my friend, considering the ramifications of being wrong, I believe I'd take things further and investigate in an attitude of seeking, but that's your business, we'll only answer for ourselves....Jesus is The Hope of Christianity....other religions have no New Covenant, and, imo, are entrenched in being barbaric....look at the Quran....how are women treated, and advised to be treated?....how are other humans to be regarded if they are not Muslim?.....look at the Jews....I suspect the first thing Hitler noticed was how Jews can gut an economy, trying to bring in all the money they can, and sending a huge portion of it to Israel....do the Jews place too much emphasis on money?....I don't know, but I'm told no man can serve two masters....honestly not judging, but I can't help but notice things, and make discernments, and, I have a brain and reasoning power, and am instructed to use that brain and reasoning power to make discernments.....

.....discounting Christianity is the highest form of Russian Roulette, imo....your turn.....

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bah! Everyone knows only 144,000 of the very best Mormons will get into heaven. As for everyone else......

ORGY!!!:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
Bah! Everyone knows only 144,000 of the very best Mormons will get into heaven. As for everyone else......

ORGY!!!:D

Hilarious.

Speaking of mormons....did anyone see the Southpark episode explaining that religion...?

again, hilarious!

SheepStar

M

miklorsmith

Full Audioholic
Mormons. . .South Park. . .I love that show.

On the Russian Roulette reference, I've thought of that. If fear is the basis of one's faith, I hardly call it faith. Hedging your bets? Doesn't sound like conviction at all.

Much of the indoctination of the western world has relied heavily on striking fear into prospective converts. In this "enlightened" age, I don't think this is generally emphasized to past degree, but the "carrot and stick" approach is still part of the mindframe. Fear the stick!

Do people actually believe that each individual either serves God or Satan? This isn't just a convenient distillation? How about Buddhists? Who do they serve? Hindus? American Indians? Will God punish those who have never heard of Him?

How about those who live in a complex world where black-and-white is just an empty phrase? Who try to live by moral ideals but feel the weight of the imperfection of man? Will only the purest get into Heaven? Will a last-minute, insincere apology wipe away a lifetime of sin? What if I decide at the last minute that I'm sincere now that I see the error of my ways?

I appreciate the good will, but using religion as "soul insurance" is unpersuasive.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
miklorsmith said:
If fear is the basis of one's faith, I hardly call it faith.
.....MiklorSmith, I'd say feeling fear in certain areas is quite healthy....we fear falling off a cliff, we fear being shot with a gun, etc....yes, I believe in deathbed conversions in that I believe the age of accountability varies with different persons based on baggage carried....I believe the accounts in the first four Gospels of the New Testament....I believe what I feel in my heart and very soul as to whether Jesus Christ is real or not.....my Bible says seek and ye shall find....I've personally found that to be true, but it takes a daily relationship coupled with a determined commitment......

ironlung

ironlung

Banned
AVM's and Powerballs

I need a little religious guidance.

I'm sure some of you have seen the HBO show "Six Feet Under". An AVM is what killed Nate on the series.

Recently my mother has had a stroke related to an AVM. AVM stands for artery veineous malformation(or something like that). Usually in the human body high pressure arterys only connect to low pressure veins through cappilaries regulating the pressure. In an AVM a large artery and a large vein are joined in the brain allowing high pressure in the artery to get to the veins. Some people with this condition live long and happy lives with no complications related to the malformation. My mother was not so "lucky". The high pressure burst a vein in my mothers head she lost conciousness in the shower where my step dad found her. They took her to the hospital where they could not treat her. She was then air lifted to another hospital better equiped to help her. After a tense few days and some emergency surgery she has survived.

Now (5) weeks has passed and she is recovering physically very well. Unfourtunatly the surgery to remove and/or correct the malformation also removed some of her personality. She can walk and talk and do math and feed herself and still has a complete vocabulary...but. She speaks in a mono tone often with just one word answers to questions. The body that was my mom is still alive and doing reasonably well. The sparkle of her personality seems very distant.

Now as unfourtnate all that is for me and my family it's nothing new under the sun. People meet their demise in all kinds of ways all the time. If you have read this far you may have a little simpathy(or joy) for a fellow human having a bad day. As I have spoken with my co-workers, friends, dad's side of the family etc. They all say the usual condolence type things. Most of them including my dad, sister, grandmother(moms mom) are praying for my mother.

I ask myself what are they praying for? Are they praying for her recovery? Maybe they should have prayed for it not to happen. Maybe they should have prayed for better doctors or faster response.

Was it gods will that my mother had her AVM on Saturday morning when people were home instead of Tuesday when it would have been certain death? Is it gods will or the devils work that it took so long to get the care she needed? Is she blessed or punished that she is still alive but with the mind of a child? Is it gods will to test my mother? Is it gods will to test our family? Is god punishing my mother for not being a good enough person. Is the family being punished. Did I not tithe enought to keep my mother healthy? Maybe the family deserves it maybe mom deserves what happened. Maybe I am being punished for past statments in this thread.

What "mysterious ways" decide if you are the founder of Microsoft in your twenties or blow a gasket in your brain when your 47 or buy the single winning ticket to the largest lotto jackpot in U.S. history? I'm sure someone was home with the flu and someone else had their first day of work at the WTC on Sept11. I can't get my little pea brain to think life is more than just a random s-h-i-t/glory hole you manage to fall into.

Can I start a collection for Benny Hinn to lay his hands on my mother and "cure" her with the power of the Lord?

Maybe next year Santa will bring her a new brain:) I'll have to make sure I'm extra nice.

Thanks for reading,
Ironlung

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Sorry for bringing this back to life, but my day today sucked HARD!

Little History,

I work at a Toyota Dealership as a valet and shop cleaner. It's a stinking new place, and you'd expect it to be full of competant people.

Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed (Lucky me!). Some how, using what I'm going to guess as slut magic, the stupid whore I work with(who from now going forward will be referred to as "slew") gained medical skills, and determind that I should be better the next day. My dentist on the other hand, told me 4-5 days of recovery. I'm taking 3. Slew felt it was her buiseness to tell me that I don't need that many days off, and didn't think she was over stepping any bounds.

There is NOTHING more annoying then having someone say you're wrong, all day long. Especially when you're NOT. Finally I said "I'm going to listen to my doctor, not you." She decided to flip out saying how rude I was. Somehow this pushed hear to the point of tears (but none came out, thank science).

Things calmed down, though I wasn't speaking to slew. Hoping to just get on with my 12 hour long work day (yeah, hella ghey) I was faced with a new obstacle. Old People driving.

I pulled a finished car into the pick up/drop off drive through (under cover, nice for rainy days like today) so the owner could take it home. Well, both lanes were blocked. 1 had a car that slew was taging so we could identiy if in the park lot, and the other lane had a van that a mech. was working on (something minor in the door). So I pulled the car behind the van and began getting it ready (taking taging info out).

The owner got in, and proceeded to back up. Now, the drive thourgh has 2 doors and a couple pillars in the middle to stop a car from taking out the wall. This lady managed to go straigh into the middle, and smack the back of her car and smash the corner and tail light. Didn't look, can't drive, this is what happens. I spotted the car 1 second before it hit, yelling would not have accomplished anything.

My boss (Service Manager) comes out and talks to her, and she goes somewhere (didn't see, didn't care). He then pulls me and slew aside, and begins to tell us how this is OUR fault because I didn't guide her out with air traffic flares, and should have known that anyone with a valid drivers license isn't required to know how to drive.

Am I going crazy, or am I getting the shaft big time? In the butt hole? Buttseks?

So many things were goin through my head. One was snap his neck. Another was walk, come back nextday and burn dealership down. Another was quit, and spit on him. All good choices IMO, but I kept my mouth shut, and hands to myself.

**** I need a new job.

SheepStar

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I'm on your side, man. I think people should have to take strict tests every year to keep their license. I see so many terrible drivers on the road. Sadly, if your boss has a stick or something else up his rectum, it becomes your fault, even though it should be blamed on some moron that can't drive. Oh well. Sympathies to you. Thank science for those of us that aren't retarded ;)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

jaxvon said:
I'm on your side, man. I think people should have to take strict tests every year to keep their license. I see so many terrible drivers on the road.
My job requires a road test yearly, a physiocal yearly, and a vehicle inspection every 6 months.

Not one of those "do the headlights work? Its OK!" inspections. A "lets test the brakes from 30 mph and if the vehicle takes 8 more feet than stock to come to a complete stop it fails, then we'll put it up on the lift and hit things with a hammer, if it dents it fails."

There would seriosuly be 10 cars and 15 valid drivers licenses in every state if these standards applied to everyone.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Dentistry Update.

Well, My wisdom teeth were romved today, and I think I'm a mutant.

A couple months back I had some fillings done, and it took 3 full needles to freeze my lower jaw.

Today, I took 9. I also had 3 sudation pills, and they didn't work, so I was given a shot to the arm that lasted about a minute. After all this, I was still able to walk to my dads car.

Downside, all this medicine made my stomach upset, and I started heaving. I can't eat or drink anything, not even water. :(

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel better.

SheepStar

Sheep said:
it took 3 full needles to freeze my lower jaw.

Today, I took 9. I also had 3 sudation pills, and they didn't work, so I was given a shot to the arm that lasted about a minute.
You are such a pansy. Take it like a man next time. :)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
gmichael said:
Or a brick to the forehead?
Or shards of steel in the pupil? There's a lot of nerve endings in the eye. Suck it up! ;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Clint DeBoer said:
You are such a pansy. Take it like a man next time. :)
After all that I still felt pain. I felt my tooth cracking apart, I felt the drill, and I felt them twisting and pulling my teeth out.

Pansy... phfft. Ok paper weight :rolleyes:

SheepStar

Last edited:
ironlung

ironlung

Banned
Did you guys miss me while I was banned?

ironlung said:
I need a little religious guidance.

I'm sure some of you have seen the HBO show "Six Feet Under". An AVM is what killed Nate on the series.

Recently my mother has had a stroke related to an AVM. AVM stands for artery veineous malformation(or something like that). Usually in the human body high pressure arterys only connect to low pressure veins through cappilaries regulating the pressure. In an AVM a large artery and a large vein are joined in the brain allowing high pressure in the artery to get to the veins. Some people with this condition live long and happy lives with no complications related to the malformation. My mother was not so "lucky". The high pressure burst a vein in my mothers head she lost conciousness in the shower where my step dad found her. They took her to the hospital where they could not treat her. She was then air lifted to another hospital better equiped to help her. After a tense few days and some emergency surgery she has survived.

Now (5) weeks has passed and she is recovering physically very well. Unfourtunatly the surgery to remove and/or correct the malformation also removed some of her personality. She can walk and talk and do math and feed herself and still has a complete vocabulary...but. She speaks in a mono tone often with just one word answers to questions. The body that was my mom is still alive and doing reasonably well. The sparkle of her personality seems very distant.

Now as unfourtnate all that is for me and my family it's nothing new under the sun. People meet their demise in all kinds of ways all the time. If you have read this far you may have a little simpathy(or joy) for a fellow human having a bad day. As I have spoken with my co-workers, friends, dad's side of the family etc. They all say the usual condolence type things. Most of them including my dad, sister, grandmother(moms mom) are praying for my mother.

I ask myself what are they praying for? Are they praying for her recovery? Maybe they should have prayed for it not to happen. Maybe they should have prayed for better doctors or faster response.

Was it gods will that my mother had her AVM on Saturday morning when people were home instead of Tuesday when it would have been certain death? Is it gods will or the devils work that it took so long to get the care she needed? Is she blessed or punished that she is still alive but with the mind of a child? Is it gods will to test my mother? Is it gods will to test our family? Is god punishing my mother for not being a good enough person. Is the family being punished. Did I not tithe enought to keep my mother healthy? Maybe the family deserves it maybe mom deserves what happened. Maybe I am being punished for past statments in this thread.

What "mysterious ways" decide if you are the founder of Microsoft in your twenties or blow a gasket in your brain when your 47 or buy the single winning ticket to the largest lotto jackpot in U.S. history? I'm sure someone was home with the flu and someone else had their first day of work at the WTC on Sept11. I can't get my little pea brain to think life is more than just a random s-h-i-t/glory hole you manage to fall into.

Can I start a collection for Benny Hinn to lay his hands on my mother and "cure" her with the power of the Lord?

Maybe next year Santa will bring her a new brain:) I'll have to make sure I'm extra nice.

Thanks for reading,
Ironlung

Sheep can bring this back with a little dentistry and a bad day at work. I thought this thread was discussing religon or smashing bug with a shoe or something.

I remember the first time a co-worker shifted the blame to me for their screw up. He galled a stainless steel fastener in a conflat flange with a quartz window on a $200,000 vacuum chamber.

The other time when I was a drawing detailer my co worker endeared himself to the boss by making engineering changes in a drawing simply by editing the dimensions and not actually changing the geometry. The boss loved him because he was so fast. Until some of the unaltered drawing was imported into a CAM system for a waterjet machine and made a big pile of scrap out of some Inconel. The responsibility fell on me for that one also.

So I found a job that I am responsible for everything from reverse engineering part, cooking up a process, making the geometry, programming the machines, setup the machines, assemble it all. When it's wrong it's all me and that's the way I like it.

Nothing chaps my azz more than not owning your mistakes, except being a tattletale.

Anywho, I sure feel better after my little "time out"(if any noticed). I watched a few SD-DVD on my 1080i TV and it was good enough.:)

The kinder, gentler...Ironlung

Last edited:

Buckle-meister

ironlung said:
Did you guys miss me while I was banned?
After a little investigating I figure I now know why you were banned. I'd skimmed through the review when it was first posted on the site's home page but hadn't bothered looking through the thread that discussed the item in question. As such, on that occasion one did in fact 'get by me', so yes, I guess I did miss you. :D Is that what you meant? :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I am about to lose it on my room-mate. If I do lose it on him, I will make a post explaining as best I can how and why it happens.:F

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis