Have IXL 18.2.2, what do do with em?

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
About 4 months ago I put the above in 2' sealed cubes. Although the sound was terrific it was pure sh*t for HT. No slam, no earth shaking abilities. So I pulled them after 2 weeks and they have been sitting. I have read recently of some builds, 2' cube, one IXL with two 2100 gram pr's. Would this be sufficient for HT? Or should I just continue on selling them and use my Kappa?
thanks...

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
About 4 months ago I put the above in 2' sealed cubes. Although the sound was terrific it was pure sh*t for HT. No slam, no earth shaking abilities. So I pulled them after 2 weeks and they have been sitting. I have read recently of some builds, 2' cube, one IXL with two 2100 gram pr's. Would this be sufficient for HT? Or should I just continue on selling them and use my Kappa?
thanks...
They require 4 cu.ft sealed, or 7 cu.ft ported. You can build a correct enclosure, or sell them

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
thanks...
This can be put in a slightly modified Kappa box. You will need to add some length, but It's got a very nice flat curve to 20 hz with some eqing. You will need a 2-ohm stable 1000 watt amp for each sub. Plus a DCX 2496 to high pass and eq the subs.

One sub can put out around 118db.

I suggest you get a DCX 2496 before doing anything else. Then try evening out the response with EQ. You can get the F3 to 20hz if you are willing to play it at each sub at 108db in your current 2cubic ft boxes. If you like it then it will save you a lot of trouble. Make sure you use plenty of rockwool in your box to reduce mechanical noise.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis