BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
first of all: early Tarantino movies are classics and are ones of best movie ever done, but this this latest work, is soooo slow and long, you better bring a pillow.
In fact except short opening whole thing takes place in one room.
I really didn't have the patience to finish it today. can't say i didn't try. I gave up after hour and a half.
i might give it another go at later time.

there must be a reason for a darn good ratings on imdb...

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Not quite as good on Rotten Tomatoes at 76% IMDB is 8.2 currently and the movie just released, which is not usually a good sign. I am glad to get your feedback on this as I was on the fence about this movie.

It has all the actors I would like to see on screen, but doing 3+ hours is too long for a movie

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I finally saw it last night and while I agree with your assessment for the most part, I did come out enjoying the movie. It is a slow character driven movie and he probably could have cut some time out of it, but I did find the characters interesting, the story, while a little predictable, still was enjoyable. I would rank it in at 3.5 stars. If you haven't seen the second half, it does get really interesting and fun(ny)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Very much enjoyed it. Tarantino fans will not be disappointed IMO. Gory, almost completely dialog carried, crazy situations and Oh s**t moments. Interesting characters with great interactions between them. At no time was I ever not interested in what was going on and the 3 hours passed very quickly. It has a feel of Reservoir Dogs to me, in a good way. With about 80-90% of the film taking place literally in one location, I wasn't sure how that would play out, but it worked very well.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Very much enjoyed it. Tarantino fans will not be disappointed IMO. Gory, almost completely dialog carried, crazy situations and Oh s**t moments. Interesting characters with great interactions between them. At no time was I ever not interested in what was going on and the 3 hours passed very quickly. It has a feel of Reservoir Dogs to me, in a good way. With about 80-90% of the film taking place literally in one location, I wasn't sure how that would play out, but it worked very well.
John, Lets agree to disagree :) but then again one VERY slow and boring day I might give it a second chance and actually watch it whole

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on where you're coming from :) I do have to be sort of in the mood for Tarantino IMO, sort of like a subtitled foreign film. Sometimes I just want to watch something not invest myself.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think we are going to see it in theater next week as it is only format out here yet.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Saw it yesterday and all I can say is that it is a movie that lasts 2:50 when it should last 1:50.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL. There was a lot they could have reduced for sure; parts that didn't really add to the story or characters. Did not need to be that long.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis