has anyone heard the dennis murphy aams?

B

bradymartin

Full Audioholic
i understand he sells a 3.0 setup with a modified parts express kit monitors and a modded pioneer center

im considering that setup vs the klipsch rp 160s and rp450c

i will be using a subwoofer.

my sister has a pair of rp160s and i dig them. love the treble on those, though maybe a slight too much treble. i wont be listening all day so it doesnt matter. they sound great

i think the aams with center would cost a couple hundred less

movies and music in a rather small room perhaps 11x11

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've built a pair of the BR-1s the AAs are based on, good value there and even better value with Dennis' tweaks IMO. Don't know about the center but if Dennis says it will work....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you search this forum you will find a TON of info on the AAs. Suffice to say, they're really quite impressive for the price. Their treble is the best part about them IMO.

B

bboro30

Enthusiast
I own his whole Affordable Accuracy line. They are outstanding. j_garcia likes the treble most. Personally i like how deep they go. I originally bought them for 100% home theater. I didnt even have a CD player, just ps3 and ps4. After listening to the sample CD that came with the speakers i went out and bought a CD player. I now own 30 or so CDs. For movies you need a quality sub, but for music i prefer to listen in 2.0. Ive had the monitors about 6 months and no kidding almost every time i turn on my system i am reintroduced to the excitement of how great they sound. Sorry i just noticed this thread is almost 2 months old, but i stand behind what i said.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I talked one of my very reluctant friends into getting the AA's and he loves them. He's gone from just wanting a cheap sound bar to wanting a sub to go with his system now.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I talked one of my very reluctant friends into getting the AA's and he loves them. He's gone from just wanting a cheap sound bar to wanting a sub to go with his system now.
You just picked him up and threw him down the rabbit hole! Good job!

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
if the poor fellow has seen your subs, he is doomed for life.
He will either spend all his money on subs, or, spend his life wasting away with envy

Roen

Roen

Audioholic
Spreading the gospel, I like it.

LAB3

LAB3

Senior Audioholic
I own his whole Affordable Accuracy line. They are outstanding. j_garcia likes the treble most. Personally i like how deep they go. I originally bought them for 100% home theater. I didnt even have a CD player, just ps3 and ps4. After listening to the sample CD that came with the speakers i went out and bought a CD player. I now own 30 or so CDs. For movies you need a quality sub, but for music i prefer to listen in 2.0. Ive had the monitors about 6 months and no kidding almost every time i turn on my system i am reintroduced to the excitement of how great they sound. Sorry i just noticed this thread is almost 2 months old, but i stand behind what i said.
I have used a PS3 for CD music for years with my system. I purchased a matching Yamaha CD changer that was a option for my Yamaha AVR. I wish I had not wasted the money, my PS3 sounds the same on my Klipsch Cornwalls.....Great.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I have used a PS3 for CD music for years with my system. I purchased a matching Yamaha CD changer that was a option for my Yamaha AVR. I wish I had not wasted the money, my PS3 sounds the same on my Klipsch Cornwalls.....Great.
Klipsch Cornwalls. Nice.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis