Harman/Kardon TL8500

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
www.BlueJeans.com

www.Monoprice.com

Most any cable will do, unless it will fall apart on you. Interconnects don't have a sonic signature.

By the way, congratulations on the win, it looks very nice and clean. Such a thing is rare and quite an oddity.:)

L

Loxxa

Junior Audioholic
www.BlueJeans.com

www.Monoprice.com

Most any cable will do, unless it will fall apart on you. Interconnects don't have a sonic signature.

By the way, congratulations on the win, it looks very nice and clean. Such a thing is rare and quite an oddity.:)
Thanks! I like the design of it aswell, definately nicer looks than most of the H/K 5 disc changers and the Yamaha PlayXchange models... Hope it sounds good lol

About the connections, I was thinking I improve sound from an XLR to RCA cable... If not that's fine with me.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks! I like the design of it aswell, definately nicer looks than most of the H/K 5 disc changers and the Yamaha PlayXchange models... Hope it sounds good lol

About the connections, I was thinking I improve sound from an XLR to RCA cable... If not that's fine with me.
Wait, what are you using to power the speakers, and are you using separates?

But to answer your question, getting a RCA-XLR connector will not change a thing. Most so called balanced XLR connections aren't truly balanced, and converting an un-balanced termination to balanced would do nothing.

The only reason to get the converter would be if the separates or integrated amp you are using only has balanced XLR connections, which I doubt is the case.:)

L

Loxxa

Junior Audioholic
No, I'm not using separates, I'm using the same 40w reciver, but I'm considering using the 460i as a pre-amp and getting a separate H/K power amp... If it would be ideal.

Could I even output from digital to analog on the receiver if I were using it as a pre-amp? I'm not sure... What about buying a separate D/A converter, like an Audio Alchemy?

Sorry... lol

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
No, I'm not using separates, I'm using the same 40w reciver, but I'm considering using the 460i as a pre-amp and getting a separate H/K power amp... If it would be ideal.

Could I even output from digital to analog on the receiver if I were using it as a pre-amp? I'm not sure... What about buying a separate D/A converter, like an Audio Alchemy?

Sorry... lol
Yea, DACs are not my area of expertise. I trust the DACs in my CD players and in my receiver to do the work, and I think they sound great. Of course it is all in how you perceive things or if you have an extra heavy and shiny ear.:D

As far as the amplifier and preamp go, what speakers do you have. Don't get to hung up one brand, unless you must absolutely have all same brand equipment for cosmetics.

L

Loxxa

Junior Audioholic
I'm using Boston Acoustic CR6's now, they will be the last thing on my list to change.

I'm only interested in H/K for receivers & amps but I'm glad with the choice I made on that CD player... I WAS going to buy another Nak because my first one (SoundBank 3) had issues with loading disks. I just hope that CD player is decent enough that I wont want to try something else.

I'm looking at Yamaha for EQ and speakers are a different matter... There's lots of brands to consider and the determining factor for speakers is the size & performance to money ratio... The speakers I want (B&W 603's or 604's) are a little on the rich side for me. It would hurt me to blow over $200 on a pair of (used) speakers and that's why they will be last. Then a subwoofer will be in consideration.

It will take me time, but I know I'll get there. Because I often get deals and accumulate other stuff, selling things on will help me.

Thank you for the replies, I always take what people say into consideration.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis