GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I was just browsing some new internal hard drives on newegg and noticed the prices have doubled from what they were when I last looked at them, anyone know why the price has skyrocketed? I was thinking about getting a 3TB drive, but not at those prices.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Wow, they really did jump in price. I need another 2tb hard drive too... guess I have to wait.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Guess I'll have to wait a while too. Was hoping for some good black friday deals, but looks like that may be out of the question.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Damn, I bought my 2tb green wd for $110 and I saw them on short sales for 80-90.. Now they retail at starting $140 ....damn...

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Wow! WTF?!?!?!

I'm so glad I just bought 4 2TB drives a week ago with a new RAID. I have to buy one more RAID, but I'm moving my four existing hard drives from my USB enclosure to a new RAID, so that'll give me about 16TB of networked storage.

Still, the drives I bought on October 11th (Samsung F4 2TB) have gone from $80 to $160. Amazing to see that happen.

I should be good for about 6 months with what I have, so I'm hopeful I won't find myself in desperate need for more.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Still, the drives I bought on October 11th (Samsung F4 2TB) have gone from $80 to $160. Amazing to see that happen.
Apple's cost to upgrade a hard drive seem reasonable now haha.

-Apple owner

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis