Haoleb's Kappa Perfect 12vq MidQ Build Thread

A

armstrr

Junior Audioholic
i'm curious where you guys purchased your drivers and what the cost including shipping was?

J

jamie2112

Banned
i'm curious where you guys purchased your drivers and what the cost including shipping was?
The Kappa perfect 12 is all over ebay. You can buy 2 for right around 300. Mine were $314 shipping included from an ebat dealer.

A

armstrr

Junior Audioholic
I am not sure yet. I have to wait until I actually have the drivers before I can measure it. I read two different spec sheets for this driver with two different dimensions for overall dimension and cutout dimension so I dont want to cut anything until I know for sure. Perhaps andrew or chris can chime in on what the exact size it is.
so what is the dimension of the cutout for the 12vq? i have found 10 7/8" in the online manual.

A

armstrr

Junior Audioholic
Your best bet is to measure the driver yourself.

yah, but i don't have the (correct) drivers yet. i'ld like the box ready so i can just drop the drivers in when they arrive. i have found two specs off by 1/16", 10 7/8 and 10 15/16", i'm sure the latter one will work.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
I remember when I cut my holes i had to make them an 8th or 16th bigger than what it specified on the box. But I dont remember what exactly that measurment was.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis