S

Sangeet

Junior Audioholic
Hi guys,

Any word / advice / comment on Hales Revelation 3 speaker ? I found the sound quality of this speaker amazing. This is available with a firend of mine for sale.

Does any of the latest speakers sound (sound quality and soundstage) as good as or equivalent to Hales Revelation 3 ?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Here is the Stereophile test report, which includes some measurements. I heard this speaker many years ago, and concur with the reviewer's conclusions - it's a pretty good speaker. The biggest difference between these and newer speakers is that, IMO, the quality of modern tweeters has come a long, long way since the Hales were designed, so while the Hales probably sound good, a lot of more recent speakers will sound better, I think. Assuming you can get these for a very reasonable price, like perhaps $1000 for the pair, they are probably worth it.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
IMO, unless you're very sure of the speaker's history, stick with new ones to have full warranty. For instance, a speaker that sat in a storage shed for a few years may not show cosmetic damage, but the driver performance/life expectancy could be compromised.

Which other speaker did you listen to?

S

Sangeet

Junior Audioholic
Here is the Stereophile test report, which includes some measurements. I heard this speaker many years ago, and concur with the reviewer's conclusions - it's a pretty good speaker. The biggest difference between these and newer speakers is that, IMO, the quality of modern tweeters has come a long, long way since the Hales were designed, so while the Hales probably sound good, a lot of more recent speakers will sound better, I think. Assuming you can get these for a very reasonable price, like perhaps $1000 for the pair, they are probably worth it.
Thanks.

1) I'm getting this for $ 850 (without grill cloth)
2) Do you know of any newer speaker that will sound the same or equivalent?

S

Sangeet

Junior Audioholic
IMO, unless you're very sure of the speaker's history, stick with new ones to have full warranty. For instance, a speaker that sat in a storage shed for a few years may not show cosmetic damage, but the driver performance/life expectancy could be compromised.

Which other speaker did you listen to?
Thanks but you know of a speaker that will sound similar or equivalent ?

I have listen to following speaker :-

I have JBL ES 90
Bowers & Wilkins 800D2GB Diamond Series Speaker
Bowers & Wilkins 803D2R
Polk RTiA9
Polk RTA 12
KLIPSCH RF7 II
Klipsch RF-82 II
Bowers & Wilkins 683.
Dynaudio AUDIENCE82CH
MARTIN LOGAN VANTAGE DC
Dinitive Technology - SuperTower
Energy CF 70
AR
Some infinity
all KEF
and many more in frys and Best buy

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks but you know of a speaker that will sound similar or equivalent ?
Is your budget about $1000? There are several I can recommend...
I have listen to following speaker :-

I have JBL ES 90
Bowers & Wilkins 800D2GB Diamond Series Speaker
Bowers & Wilkins 803D2R
Polk RTiA9
Polk RTA 12
KLIPSCH RF7 II
Klipsch RF-82 II
Bowers & Wilkins 683.
Dynaudio AUDIENCE82CH
MARTIN LOGAN VANTAGE DC
Dinitive Technology - SuperTower
Energy CF 70
AR
Some infinity
all KEF
and many more in frys and Best buy
Awesome! Which ones stood out (positive or negative) and why?

S

Sangeet

Junior Audioholic
Is your budget about $1000? There are several I can recommend...
Awesome! Which ones stood out (positive or negative) and why?
Yes my budget is $600 to $800 but want to be 100% satisfied so $1000 max.

The speakers sound I liked the most was :-

Hales revalation 3
Polk RTA 11t

Both the above are vintage But I want to get something latest that sounds similar.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The Kef Q500 or Q700 is one to demo. Here is a review for the Q900 which is the top of line. As you go down the line, you only loose low end extension since the coaxial mid-tweeter is the same across the line.

They are available on Accessories4Less (open box, cosmetic blemish) for $380 shipped and $500 shipped (each) respectively.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis