GTA III , Vice City, San Andreas in HD.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Came across an article that asks the question if Rockstar released an upgraded versions of GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas would it be popular. So what say you AH gamers would you go out and buy this yes or no.

http://www.rockstarbase.com/?page_id=3648

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
One can only hope it would look like the mods, and one would think that would be very feasible. The basic structure for the games is already there, all they need to do is give it a new paint job. I'd live the opportunity to play GTA San Andreas online with my PS3 with no hassle. As you know GTA San Andreas can be played online on PC, but for someone that's very used to GTA controls on a PlayStation controller it takes some getting used too. Another pitfall of playing on PC is that I have no clue how to use the mods that improve vehicles and other facets of the game.

Another great thing is that they finally announced the Liberty City stories will come to the PS3 adding a new layer to the single and multiplayer games with additional weapons, vehicles, and interiors.

Color me excited for all of it.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
If it was HD, does that mean that they would re-do all the art? If so I may buy it. Otherwise, if it's just a really blown-up form of the same graphics... probably not. But people have already been modding HD copies of it on PC, which is the best way to play any of the GTA games as you can get all those mods.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I would think Rockstar would strip it down to the basic structure and would give it a redo in the graphics department and might consider some improvement in gameplay and functionality. Because that would be the only way many gamers will part with their hard earned cash for a re-release of these titles IMO.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I would think Rockstar would strip it down to the basic structure and would give it a redo in the graphics department and might consider some improvement in gameplay and functionality. Because that would be the only way many gamers will part with their hard earned cash for a re-release of these titles IMO.
I'm mostly interested in online content offered with the pack. I'll just have to keep my eye out for more information.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I'm mostly interested in online content offered with the pack. I'll just have to keep my eye out for more information.
I just want to make sure I understand your point, are you referring to DLC content or some other form of online content because I haven't played GTA SA online so could you please explain which of the 2 you are referring.

jeanseb

jeanseb

Audioholic
I would probably buy Vice City in HD. Man, the music in that game was more than insane!

I'd like to see some improvements in gamplay tough. More vehicule option, view angles, etc.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I would probably buy Vice City in HD. Man, the music in that game was more than insane!

I'd like to see some improvements in gamplay tough. More vehicule option, view angles, etc.
Also, they could make the vice city area larger, I remember that game having the smallest square footage of travel space. San Andreas was perfect with a large area to cruise, fly, etc... GTAIV was big, but San Andreas was bigger.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I just want to make sure I understand your point, are you referring to DLC content or some other form of online content because I haven't played GTA SA online so could you please explain which of the 2 you are referring.
I was refering to GTA III, Vice and SA.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I am a big fan of the GTA series and played them to ad nauseum. I don't think I would be interested in this. While it would be nice to see these games updated it wouldn't do much for me. These games were all about gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. I could overlook their environments (which were never the best at the time) and clunky controls and still have tons of fun.

I would rather have Rockstar spend its resources on a whole new GTA game for the 360/ps3 in a totally new HD environment (not downloadable content) that has a new character, story and missions.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
With improvements on graphics the story is the same, and i wont buy again the HD version. Only if there's major variations on it. (not just graphics)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
With improvements on graphics the story is the same, and i wont buy again the HD version. Only if there's major variations on it. (not just graphics)
I'll be sold so long as they add on-line game play.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I am a big fan of the GTA series and played them to ad nauseum. I don't think I would be interested in this. While it would be nice to see these games updated it wouldn't do much for me. These games were all about gameplay, gameplay, gameplay. I could overlook their environments (which were never the best at the time) and clunky controls and still have tons of fun.

I would rather have Rockstar spend its resources on a whole new GTA game for the 360/ps3 in a totally new HD environment (not downloadable content) that has a new character, story and missions.
I'd still buy the games if they were redone in HD, but I definitely agree with your second paragraph.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis