Gravity in Dolby Atmos Movie Review

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I thought the 3D was pretty good. Not as good as Pacific Rim, but good - a *little* overplayed "in your face" for no other reason than 3D. When she's spinning though, I thought I was going to get sick.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched the whole thing tonight. MAN is this movie intense. Not what I was expecting, as in I didn't expect it to be more action-oriented, but we both enjoyed it a lot. Visuals are stunning on this one. There's a little bit of aliasing in a few scenes, but overall PQ was very impressive.

Holy LFE batman! Let's just say not many movies can touch this one for sustained, intense lows. Probably borderline sub killer.

Not much to say besides get this one on your list.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
^I agree with you JG watched it earlier today on a non 3D bluray and really loved it. Man I'd really want to see the 3D version now, but nobody I know has a 3D set.:( When I was watching it I was imagining the 3D parts. Really nice surround with the voices and boy Bass workout in some parts. I rarely do this, but I want to see it again maybe next week.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I expect I will be watching this one again, but will have to break the new neighbors in slowly :) This is probably not a good movie to get to know them with.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I don't know If I'd go that far, but that's cool.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I rented it over the weekend. It was awesome visually and from a sountrack point of view but the story line was meh at best. I'm glad I did not buy this one.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I expect I will be watching this one again, but will have to break the new neighbors in slowly :) This is probably not a good movie to get to know them with.
Sure it is! Invite them over. Serve Manwitch and tell them to bring beer. You might also be able to tell something about them by the kind of beer they bring.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I rented it over the weekend. It was awesome visually and from a sountrack point of view but the story line was meh at best. I'm glad I did not buy this one.
Unfortunately, it was thin on story as it was more of an "incident" in my book. The only thing I didn't like about it really was that it went back and forth and back and forth too much.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I finally watched it last night. I imagine the experience would be much different in a theater with a large screen, dark room, and full surround sound. I thought it was intense and suspenseful for moments, no doubt, but I found myself overall unfulfilled when it was over. There wasn't anything at any time that had me thinking "how did they do that?" That's not to say that I know how they did it - just nothing caught me off guard and left me in wonder. I got the impression from what I'd heard that the physics and "no sound in space" were done well, but...only kind of, IMO. As Gene said, more realistic than the latest Star Trek, sure...but Star Trek is more realistic than a cartoon, so "more realistic" only says so much. :) Granted, it wouldn't have been as popular if they actually left it silent a lot instead of playing music through a lot of what should have been silence. Had I heard that it wasn't all that realistic but was a pretty cool movie with some great scenery, then I'd have had different expectations.

The only thing I didn't like about it really was that it went back and forth and back and forth too much.
Out of Context Man snickers. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Out of Context Man snickers. :D
Yeah, I know, and maybe that would have made the movie better, but can't really say

I'm gonna die, oh wait no I'm safe...oh wait, yes going to die...nope....definitely going to die this time...wait...
:rolleyes:

There was no catharsis in the ending because so many things were still open and unresolved; like there could have been much more after. At the same time, I didn't really want to see more.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
There is no way Sandra Bullock character would have passed the emotional screening to get her into space. There is single rocket powerful enough to send that much emotional baggage into space.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
There is no way Sandra Bullock character would have passed the emotional screening to get her into space. There is single rocket powerful enough to send that much emotional baggage into space.
I submit to you Exhibit A.

:)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
[video=youtube_share;0CzE4lV5qvU]http://youtu.be/0CzE4lV5qvU[/video]

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis