Got new 2-channel crap!

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Audiosource Pre One/A Preamp fed by NAD T515 disc player into a pair of Denon POA4400 monoblock amplifiers out to a set of KEF Q7 speakers.....very happy today and just had to share that :D

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Hey whitey80 how do you like your 15"Dayton MKIII?
Ive been doing a lot of research on a new sub & had that in my sites. My room is 14'x20' with 2 decent size adjacent room suck-outs. what are your room dimensions if you dont mind me asking & is the sub musical or just good for movies. Im looking for an honest answer so thanks for any input!!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Nice. I've got an old POA-2400A and it's solid, I'm sure those 4400s are awesome :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
It appears that on the inside of those POA-4400 lies four 8200uF capacitors that run at 80 volts along with a pretty meaty toroidal transformer. Each amp has a 4 amp current draw putting the power transformer in the range of 400-500kva for just one channel (nice). I wish I could see the output stage.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Ive been doing a lot of research on a new sub & had that in my sites. My room is 14'x20' with 2 decent size adjacent room suck-outs. what are your room dimensions if you dont mind me asking & is the sub musical or just good for movies. Im looking for an honest answer so thanks for any input!!
For the limited use it has seen with music, I have liked it very much. It sounds incredibly tight and direct.

The first room I had it in is 18'x15' with hallways, halfwalls, stairs, entry and kitchen running off in all manner of directs and filled the space fine, didn't ever sound weak, but its performance didn't compare to where it is now, in 12'x10 square room, it absolutely decimates in there.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Hi,

You didn’t ask me, but I’ll offer my opinion anyhow sense I own an MKIII 15”.

It is a very nice sub and fills my 700 sqft room with no problem. It is good for both HT and music. HT because it’s 1000 watts & 15 inches. Music because it’s a sealed design. And both because it is a good quality product. The only knock I have is that it will bottom out if you try to pump out very high volumes below 25 htz. This is a non-issue most of the time as very few movies crank out the sub 25 htz at 100+ db.
In any rate, it’s a great sub for the price. You’ll find very few subs that can keep up with it at it’s price point.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Sweet! That MKIII sounds like quite the beast, specially for the $!
I appreciate both of the responses to my question. My only issue is whether my next upgrade will be to feed better&more power to my B&Ws or to upgrade my subs. Im considering a JL Fathom F113 or 2 MKIII-15". Bout to post a new thread reguarding what power i should feed my speakers. The journey continues.............!!!

Thanks again!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis