Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
So, this is our first house WITHOUT any kind of room-mates. (big step for me.)

It's a duplex in a private lot (basically a really long double-wide cut in half, with extensions build on)

It was total crap when we moved in, but it's coming along nicely and allowing for a lot of renovations and color schemes.

The cool thing is that the landlord's maintenance guy/ business partner brings me paint, building supplies for free. We also have the go-ahead from the landlord to do WHATEVER we want, as long as we don't paint all the walls black.;)

Since I only have one common room, I wanted to make it really count, so all the audio/video goes in there, and it's going to be the most decorated. We're going for a 1930-1945 air force bombshell theme. I.E.- drab green wall, framed pictures of "The dragon and his tail" (google it) and other similar paintings. And corrugated aluminum for baseboard.

For equipment, I got a Hitachi 55vs69 LCd Projection TV in trade for my junky laptop that was on its way out. Bulb had about 600 hours on it. Not bad.
It has my receiver, center channel, ps3, and htpc mounted under it and had tons of storage down there on nice glass shelves. Got the projector screen mounted to the ceiling that pulls down over it for watching movies. Projector going to be mounted on an in-wall shelf on the back wall.

Pictures tomorrow when there is light.

Ito

Ito

Full Audioholic
While I can't say I would want my place to look like that, still sounds awesome and very different, which wins you some major points. Can't wait to see the pics!

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Got the green up on the walls, and about 70% of the trim done.

Everything is still kind of a mess.

Got the deck on the kitchen finished off mostly, and then cleaned the yard (not many fences in washington)

Cool effect with the short hallway and black trim

Finally got the driveway clear of plywood, (now all my plywood is in the kitchen)

Can you see my dog in this picture?
We're going for a black/oak look. So all the cabinets will be lined with oak frames, and then laced inbetween with a bunch of left over carbon fiber weave and then a sheet of plexiglass over. Still waiting on a bunch of pin-up plane pictures to get framed.

MY mess in the corner for now... (bad picture)

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
I think that it's awesome the way you jumped right into the whole spruce it up thing with painting and all, shows your attention to detail and a desire to have the very best possible, you will make a great homeowner one day.
I think you are doing a fine job with the limited space your working with, I wonder how your neighbor likes the idea of your HT :D
Good Luck in your new place, sawz.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Great work. It's shaping up nicely. Can't wait to see the final set-up.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
iTunes.....gross.

Sounds like a cool idea for the design....

P

pronky

Banned
nice hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii im a newbie ..............im glad to being with us......

G

gholt

Full Audioholic
I wish over the years I had tennant half as good as you were that I could trust to paint and remodel. It looks nice and I be the owners appreciate it.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Sorry to have not been on in so long. Actually, we moved again to Sunny California. Our landlord did enjoy the work we did. He actually gave us our security deposit back plus $2000 when we moved out which I used to pay off our car. I did a few other things while we were there. There was a wall that had originalyl been a chimney, I cut it open, built a huge shelving system that was used in the kitchen and living room and it was good. The landlord actually gave me a lot of the paint we used and wood. HE was a great guy. He also owned over 500 properties in the area.:eek:

Our neighbors didnt care about the ht. If they heard it, they knocked on the door. It usually went:
"Hey, what you watching?"
"Terminator 2"
"Oh, we'll make some burgers and bring em over, can you pause it?"

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
That's awesome :D I'm glad my neighbors haven't complained, but they never invited themselves over for burgers and movies lol.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
It was quite an interesting relationship. We almost never cooked dinner. They would do it usually and come over and hang out, play rock band, watch movies, etc...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis