Good projector screen for s lighted room!!! Most see!!!

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
Hi

I just complete my home cockpit two days ago, i decide to buy a projector and decide it will be a OPTOMA HD25 (i thing it is a good for gaming).

But here is the most important section, ITS A SCREEN WHICH I NEED TO USING IN THE PROJECTION.

Most of screen not work good in lighted rooooooom, and i know the black diamond is the most recommended screen for this region ( i mean well illiuminated room ), but i don't have enough budget to buying BD from screen innovations.

I need a good advice to go rightly without any problem.

Notes :

- My walls painted with non reflectable white.
- Room size is about FIVE METTERS IN THREE METERS.
- There is a big window that transmit enough amount of light,
- I have some light's in my cockpit to see the maps, charts & checklists.

Another question :

Can i use a indoor/outdoor projection screen if it do well in the lighted room ?

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
From the reviews i read to right now, i understant i need a high gain screen, true or not.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
From experience in our large and very brightly lit conference room the proj we got is Mitsubishi UD8350U . It provided very sharp and clear image.
It's not cheap, but it's doing its job very well.
Older 4k ANSI projectors just couldn't do anything as good.

YMMV

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
If viewing from a single location than a higher gain screen certainly isn't a bad thing.

The light in your room is bad. Very bad. If you want best results, cover the windows completely, paint the room darker, and then only use very directional light when you need light at all.

You will be lucky to get a 25:1 contrast ratio if you aren't getting decent light control.

Of course, I have no idea how big of a screen you want to use, which impacts perceived light output immensely.

But, in a terrible room, you either spend a lot of money to help with the bad room, or you fix the room for a lot less money.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
From experience in our large and very brightly lit conference room the proj we got is Mitsubishi UD8350U . It provided very sharp and clear image.
It's not cheap, but it's doing its job very well.
Older 4k ANSI projectors just couldn't do anything as good.

YMMV

I know that, the listed projector is imposible to buying, also i am not talken about the projector, the projector will be the optoma HD25 because i thing its the best projector available for gaming in price point.

The primer element of my post is WHAT THE GOOD SCREEN AT A GOOD PRICE CANI TAKE IT TO MY ILLUMINATED ROOM.

That's it, canyou help me in this please !!!

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
If viewing from a single location than a higher gain screen certainly isn't a bad thing.

The light in your room is bad. Very bad. If you want best results, cover the windows completely, paint the room darker, and then only use very directional light when you need light at all.

You will be lucky to get a 25:1 contrast ratio if you aren't getting decent light control.

Of course, I have no idea how big of a screen you want to use, which impacts perceived light output immensely.

But, in a terrible room, you either spend a lot of money to help with the bad room, or you fix the room for a lot less money.

- the screen will be in front of my cockpit, two persons will set in front of the screen and the two will be use the screen in seeing, and nobody will set in a different cockpit side and control the aircraft, the only thing u can di it if u want to using the cockpit is seating in one of two seats in front
of screen.
- the screen size will be at least 92 inch.
- the projector which to use is optoma HD25 (best for gaming i thing)(if you know another one good just tell me).
- lets say i cover my all windows with shades, but the lighted in the cockpit is important to me in writing, seeing the maps & checklists. (the cockpit lights are not big , its a small focused light not illuminate all the room, also there is a light strips, the light not so illuminated if u think that.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Any light that falls, or reflects, on the screen will impact image quality.

You must eliminate any lights from falling directly on screen. This means that LED strips, open bulbs, etc. must be shielded from directly falling on the screen. Based on your request, this is a requirement, not an option.

The HD25 is cheap - period. It isn't the 'best', but it is a solid projector. The BenQ W1070, W1080, and Optoma 131 are all similar competitors to this model and will perform similarly.

All have plenty of brightness for a 92"-110" diagonal 16:9 screen.

You still want the best light control possible.

This is the key! If you do not properly control light in the room, then you will impact image quality directly. The less you control light, the worse it will look. Fortunately, these are all 'living room' projectors. They are brighter than a dedicated home theater projector is and they give up contrast and image processing in favor of additional lumens, so you should be good no matter what.

Your expectations really will be the determining factor as the 'best' is relevant to those viewing. I would expect pretty good results if you get good blackout curtains in the room. If you add some dark paint, you could get exceptional results with a standard white screen, or even a painted wall.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
All depends on the room and the projector. Low light, ambient light, bat cave, etc. Use that info to make your decision.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
High gain screens destroy black levels and can often introduce hotspotting.
Grey screens can improve black levels, but often kill the pop of the bright whites.
A good theater (dark walls, ceiling, carpet, no ambient light) gets no benefit from grey screens.
Minimal gain white screens have great uniformity and add a bit of pop (1.2-1.5 gain)
Positive gain grey screens (1.1 to 1.3 gain) are good for low lighting rooms with white walls where critical viewing will occur with lights on. It maintains black levels while increasing the whites. Generally, they don't hotspot if gain is kept low.
Black optical screens (DNP Supernova/Black Diamond) are all retroreflective which impacts projector placement and viewing angle, but they do the best job in high light, poor room, poor contrast situations. They all cost a great deal due to manufacturing process, and are great in almost every white room/board room situation. They can cost well more than your projector does.

I'm not in love with the 1.8 gain you linked to, but Elite is a capable company.

A

A330-200

Junior Audioholic
High gain screens destroy black levels and can often introduce hotspotting.
Grey screens can improve black levels, but often kill the pop of the bright whites.
A good theater (dark walls, ceiling, carpet, no ambient light) gets no benefit from grey screens.
Minimal gain white screens have great uniformity and add a bit of pop (1.2-1.5 gain)
Positive gain grey screens (1.1 to 1.3 gain) are good for low lighting rooms with white walls where critical viewing will occur with lights on. It maintains black levels while increasing the whites. Generally, they don't hotspot if gain is kept low.
Black optical screens (DNP Supernova/Black Diamond) are all retroreflective which impacts projector placement and viewing angle, but they do the best job in high light, poor room, poor contrast situations. They all cost a great deal due to manufacturing process, and are great in almost every white room/board room situation. They can cost well more than your projector does.

I'm not in love with the 1.8 gain you linked to, but Elite is a capable company.

DNP SUPERNOVA/ BLACK DIAMOND are to high pricy, my budget maximum reach to 600$, any help from the experience, anyone ?
I don't have the experience to know what the recommanded to my OPTOMA HD25 LV !!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis