Good colour from a projector

G

Gatoraide

Audiophyte
My neighbour has a projector with a display thats roughly 7 feet across and the colours seem a little washed out. I'm looking for a projector to have a 16x9 display that's 9 feet across. What are some of the specs. I should focus on to get a good picture and solid, true, bright colours?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Gatoraide said:
My neighbour has a projector with a display thats roughly 7 feet across and the colours seem a little washed out. I'm looking for a projector to have a 16x9 display that's 9 feet across. What are some of the specs. I should focus on to get a good picture and solid, true, bright colours?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Do you know if your neighbor had his projector ISF calibrated? Ask him, if he even knows this exists. What projector does he have?
How much are you willing to spend?

Several have been reviewed at this web site. Go to home page and look.

G

Gatoraide

Audiophyte
He doesn't know what the ISF is, nor do I for that matter. What does ISF stand for? He has a Infocus X1. I like to keep my projector below $1500.

Thanks a bunch :)

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Projector specs.

Gator,
A screen 9 ft across is over 120" diagnol. That is a big screen so you will want total light control and a projector with a higher lumen output when calibrated for movies. Your budget will limit you to 720P projectors so make sure that you have 1.5 to 2x the screen width for your seating (12-18 ft.)

The panasonic 720P LCD projectors might be a good option for your setup. the new PT-AX100 model is brighter than the older AX900 model. The lense shift and zoom options on both should make them easy to install.

Also check out projectorcentral.com for more information and reviews.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
About the only reason that any projector would appear to have washed out colors is if it is a lousy projector, has a poor setup, or, most often, is in a room with to much ambient light.

For OPTIMAL results with a front projector I recommend not only a decent home theater projector, like the aforementioned Panasonic AX100U but also that you, at the very least, get a DVD calibration disc like Avia or Digital Video Essentials (available online) and then put it all together in a 100% light controlled environment.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis