GoldenEar Technology Triton Two Floorstanding Speaker First Look

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Personally I think Sandy Gross' speakers will sound great.

With that being said, I have "called" him "out" on AVS and asked him why he insists on "lying" about the frequency response. He addressed most questions, but I think he ignored my question.:D

I think he was surprised I came "at" him because my screen-name is AcuDefTechGuy.:D

I figured since he is starting a new company, why not start fresh and honest?

People know I like his speakers, but that kind of marketing has go to stop IMO.

And sure, don't judge a book by its cover. Sure. But everything is important.

Sure, it's not the same, but you can't say that specs don't mean anything and measurements don't mean anything. Everything means something from start to finish.

I think people want their speaker designers to be "honest". If Sandy Gross says that his speakers have a 20Hz - 20kHz +/-3dB in an anechoic chamber, who is going to believe that?

Again, personally, I think Sandy Gross' speakers will sound great based on my experience.:D

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
I actually auditioned these, and they were the alternitive to the martin logan purity's that I ended up purchasing. I A/Bed them for 45 min or so back and forth after giving the paradigm signatures that were in the running the ax.

If they were both listed as MSRP I may have gone with the Golden Ears. I think they are horidly ugly however. They would blend into an HT in a wonderfull way though, in that dim lit room.

They do have the low hz handled. I listened to quite a bit of piano, rock and some more contemporary music and they definately had a larger pair than the logans in the bass department.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I actually auditioned these, and they were the alternitive to the martin logan purity's that I ended up purchasing. I A/Bed them for 45 min or so back and forth after giving the paradigm signatures that were in the running the ax.

If they were both listed as MSRP I may have gone with the Golden Ears. I think they are horidly ugly however. They would blend into an HT in a wonderfull way though, in that dim lit room.

They do have the low hz handled. I listened to quite a bit of piano, rock and some more contemporary music and they definately had a larger pair than the logans in the bass department.
What did you think of the Paradigm Signature? Were they S6 or S8?

How would you compare the Paradigm to the GoldenEar or Martin Logan Purity?

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
I will give my review and reflections on the 3 tonight ACU. I'm no golden ear but I'll tell you what I thought of THE golden Ears.

:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis