Ghost in the Shell trailer

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had SERIOUS reservations when they started talking about a live action version of GitS. I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer. It actually looks pretty good.

It appears to have plucked scenes directly from the movie that most know the series for, but the story is not based on that movie. I love the original movie, but the subsequent series and movies were actually better than the beloved original IMO.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What I read is that they are trying to stick to the original storyline.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What I read is that they are trying to stick to the original storyline.
Says while the story is based on the idea of the original, it is a combination of bits of aspects of the movies and various series, drawing heavily from the first movie for visuals. It would appear it is part of Arise and 2nd Gig - The Individual Eleven, telling some of the backstory.

We’re not doing Puppetmaster. It’s not Laughing Man. It involves Kuze. The Kuze story. The big thing we are doing here is that we’re not necessarily doing an origins backstory, but we are addressing her sense of self and resolving how she defines herself in terms of memories. That’s one of the main thrusts in the story. Inspired by that episode of Affection in Second Gig. It’s bits and pieces of those mixed together.

Everything we pulled from the movie is because we thought it was cool. There’s a whole thermoptic sequence with the garbageman. We did that because we thought it was really cool. What was interesting about Ghost in the Shell is that it was never really a predictive future. It was more about a future that was meant to provoke a feeling in the audience and that’s guided design as much as if we were to hire a bunch of engineers and physicists and futurists to predict things. That’s the same kind of philosophy in this movie. There are things here that are more tangible like the cables or the (lack of finger-splitting) hands. Even the cars. In every version of Ghost in the Shell you’d never see a flying car. Everything felt like it had a combustion engine. It was all about making it feel chunkier and more tangible aesthetic and a mix of an overly dense urban area.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Scarlet be looking good and quite delicious if you ask me......LOL!!!!! :p:p:D:p:p

Cheers,

Phil
Scarlett has gotten some awesome roles: 1) Black Widow (Avengers, Captain America), 2) LUCY, and now 3) The Major (Ghost in the Shell).

Kate has the one awesome role in the Underworld franchise. She needs to do other kick-butts roles too. :D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Scarlett has gotten some awesome roles: 1) Black Widow (Avengers, Captain America), 2) LUCY, and now 3) The Major (Ghost in the Shell).

Kate has the one awesome role in the Underworld franchise. She needs to do other kick-butts roles too. :D
Yeah the more Kate the more merrier I always say. BTW, Kate was in a recent movie from what I remember. Just can't remember which one it is. Scarlet is also beautiful. That is certainly one nice set if you know what I mean........LOL!!!! I would love to see them in a movie together with me along for the ride.....LOL!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The guy playing Batou in this is the guy who played her "boyfriend" in Lucy.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Scarlett in a skin tight body suit running around on film... I smell academy award!

cel4145

cel4145

Audioholic
Scarlett is definitely a good choice for the Major. Can't wait to see it! :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah the more Kate the more merrier I always say. BTW, Kate was in a recent movie from what I remember. Just can't remember which one it is. Scarlet is also beautiful. That is certainly one nice set if you know what I mean........LOL!!!! I would love to see them in a movie together with me along for the ride.....LOL!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil
Know what you mean. :D

Kate needs to be one of the Avengers (like Hellcat, Firebird, etc.) next to Scarlett's Black Widow. :D

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
You what you mean. :D

Kate needs to be one of the Avengers (like Hellcat, Firebird, etc.) next to Scarlett's Black Widow. :D
Well, what I mean Cos summed it up above.....LOL!!! It looks like I am NOT the only one noticing that tight outfit Scarlet is wearing.....LOL!!! I am sure Kate would look great in it as well. :cool::p:cool:

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Kate, Scarlett, I get it.

But personally I prefer Lucy Liu and Charlize Theron when we are talking about pretty bada$$es

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Kate, Scarlett, I get it.

But personally I prefer Lucy Liu and Charlize Theron when we are talking about pretty bada$$es
Charlize Theron would be an awesome Avengers. She is eye candy. :D

Gotta love babes who can kick butts, shoot guns, and drive fast cars. :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

I think of Charlize kind of like the new Sigourney Weaver

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord

What about the Resident Evil chick? She is a bad a$$ and looks great doing it! She was also in that movie where Bruce Willis was a futuristic cab driver......darn my memory sucks.....LOL!!! Sorry, got a lot on my mind. 5th Element or something like that.

Cheers,

Phil

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What about the Resident Evil chick? She is a bad a$$ and looks great doing it! She was also in that movie where Bruce Willis was a futuristic cab driver......darn my memory sucks.....LOL!!! Sorry, got a lot on my mind. 5th Element or something like that.

Cheers,

Phil
Oh, yeah, Milla Jovovich is 100% EYE CANDY. I can watch her all day. :D

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I had SERIOUS reservations when they started talking about a live action version of GitS. I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer. It actually looks pretty good.
Really?!?!? I think it looks horrible. They've just recreated moments from the anime. And don't even get me started on the whole, "Who am I?" stupid story line they've created. When I heard they were making this movie with Scar Jo playing the Major I had a feeling it was gonna suck. The trailers have so far confirmed my worries.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis