Getting your media setup right in XBMC help

itschris

itschris

I'm about 75% where I want to be with XBMC... movies so far have been no problem. I've got the AEON Nox configured just the way I want it. Everything's going well with the exception of getting TV shows and some concerts up and running.

I made a separate folder for Concerts and made a custom playlist and menu item. The first few... Adele, Diana Krall, Live, and some other worked perfectly. but I'll be damned if I can some of the others recognized. One is Nickelback Live at Strugis. I know in PLEX you can go and adjust stuff. How do I do fix things that aren't recognized?

TV shows have failed for me completely. I have American Horror Story and cannot get any of to work.

My structure is:

TV SHOWS
American Horror Story
Season 1
S01E01.MKV
Season 2
American Horror Story S02E01 Welcome to Briarcliff.MKV
American Horror Story S02E02 Tricks and Treats.MKV

As you can see, I've tried different naming conventions... nothing seems to work.

Also... in PLEX, you have theme music and all that... how do I get XBMC to do that? PLEX has different subfolder for each movie with various files that it recognizes... I'm not sure how all the works in XBMC. Right now... I don't have movies in folders... I just have the individual files names listed under movies. Should I create folders for them? I''ve got about 30 movies ripped at this point so if I'm gonna make a change I'd like to do it now before I get any further.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
The naming convention that has always worked for TV for every software I've used would be American.Horror.Story.s02e01.Welcome.to.briarcliff.mkv. If you do it that way there isn't all that much up to interpretation. Plex and XBMC look at the names the same way, but the scrapers don't. For XBMC I always used the TVDB scraper. It works without issue IIRC. I did put all movies in individual folders (for the My Movies software) and tv shows are all in a folder for the series and then the season. I haven't had an issue with TV shows in a while so I think the way you have them named may be the issue.

itschris

itschris

Chris, it's not rocket science:
Naming video files/TV shows - XBMC
C'mon man... I"m not that lazy. I've certainly reviewed that very carefully. That website is basically my homepage. I've named it every which way... first the way Panteragstk suggested... cleaned and updated the library... even deleted it all and re-did it making sure it's a TV Shows and using TVDB and all that. I've gotten season 2 to showup, but not season 1... depending on how I've named things... making sure to clean and update each time.

I read late last night where someone said that American Horror Story isn't recognized as seasons but individual shows each season, i.e. Murder House, Aslylum, Coven, etc. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or if I even believe that.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
C'mon man... I"m not that lazy. I've certainly reviewed that very carefully. That website is basically my homepage. I've named it every which way... first the way Panteragstk suggested... cleaned and updated the library... even deleted it all and re-did it making sure it's a TV Shows and using TVDB and all that. I've gotten season 2 to showup, but not season 1... depending on how I've named things... making sure to clean and update each time.

I read late last night where someone said that American Horror Story isn't recognized as seasons but individual shows each season, i.e. Murder House, Aslylum, Coven, etc. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or if I even believe that.
The show is the problem as you said. They are all called something different. What you should be able to do is create .nfo files for each show that XBMC can read. I think TVDB can generate them for you. There might be some tool to do this as well. That show is an issue for lots of scrapers.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Ok, Sorry. I figured you'd done that first...

TBH, XBMC has never been 100% bullet proof scrapping for me and in 1 t 5% manual intervention is needed ,at least top series level

Make sure to tell XBMC than folder named "TV" has TV shows in it, not movies - it will scrape it differently. - Set content and scan - XBMC

Also try this stricture:

TV SHOWS
American Horror Story
Season 1
American Horror Story S01E01.MKV
Season 2
American Horror Story S02E01.MKV
American Horror Story S02E02.MKV

This works for me, but usually I do even less then that since I trust Sickbeard rules to do show renaming

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis