Getting a paradigm sub12 later today.

C

clouso

Banned
Well i sold my seismic12 and im getting a sub12 later...anyone ever heard it and have any comments?...i heard it at my local dealer and really loved the sound..it was clean fast and tight!.....i plan on getting a second one soon...

C

clouso

Banned
Well i got it and its already in my set up..:)...i love it so far and i can only imagine when i get the secound one...some pics for those interested..

Attachments

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Good looking sub. We are awaiting your review!:)

C

clouso

Banned
Good looking sub. We are awaiting your review!:)
I am so expert yet but beeing a musician playing bass guitar i really trust my ears...i will listen more to it tomorrow since its late here and dont want the old neighbor to call the police lmao....ill listen to music at good volume tomorrow and will also watch Iron man 2....the only thing i can do is compare it to other paradigm subs i had in the past and the last one was a seismic12..but from what i can hear already its that a completly different sound....

C

clouso

Banned
Sorry but i meant ''I am NO expert yet''...lol...no confusion here...:eek:

C

clouso

Banned
Well i didnt have time to wacth any movies or listen to some music since i passed the day to built a new furniture to get all my stuff in and its the kind you can mount the flat panel on it...honestly it looks awesome...i will post some pics tommorow and will be able to tell more about the sub 12 and the intire studio v5 system...

C

clouso

Banned
Well ok..i said it and im no expert but the paradigm sub12 is the best i had yet....yes the seismic12 was good but sounded lot more flat then the sub12....the sub 12 is tight..precise and clean...i hear now some bass notes that i didnt hear with the seismic...and yes the fact that it blends with the studio 60v5 makes it sound even better i think...that was for music...for HT its the same thing...it goes lower with out even working...and trust me i listen to movies and music at loud volume!...i cannot wait to get a second one....i told you i suck at reviews but i tried my best lol...dont ask me about numbers and things like that i only trust my ears lol... paradigm keeps amazed me by the way they always get better with each next version and that prooves that they are a great company...have a good day everyone....:)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
They do make some nice subs....

Make sure you think about EQ for your sub to get the best sound out of it in room....

C

clouso

Banned
They do make some nice subs....

Make sure you think about EQ for your sub to get the best sound out of it in room....
By EQ do you mean i should get the perfect bass kit from paradigm ?...i know it would help but just want to get waht you mean..?

519audiofan

Audiophyte
I sold my DSP 3200 a couple of weeks ago and am going to get a Sub 12 next week. Talked with dealer yesterday and he can order one and have it for me the next day. It will be rosenut like yours. Nice sub !

C

clouso

Banned
I sold my DSP 3200 a couple of weeks ago and am going to get a Sub 12 next week. Talked with dealer yesterday and he can order one and have it for me the next day. It will be rosenut like yours. Nice sub !
I have owned a dsp-3400 and the sub12 beats it easyly....very fast tight and clean...best sub i had yet!....you will be impressed once the sub12 is adjusted the right way!.

Unobtainium

Unobtainium

Audioholic Intern
Glad to hear you like it. I have 2 of these on order and was getting scared they won't impress and that I should have gone 15's. I called today and they said they should be in next week. Killing me to wait. I also thought the rosenut was beautiful, so I ordered them and the studio 100's in that finish.
Are you more music or HT?

C

clouso

Banned
Glad to hear you like it. I have 2 of these on order and was getting scared they won't impress and that I should have gone 15's. I called today and they said they should be in next week. Killing me to wait. I also thought the rosenut was beautiful, so I ordered them and the studio 100's in that finish.
Are you more music or HT?
I am 50% music and 50% movies i would say...if you get 2 of them you really wont be desapointed i think...tight fast clean and yes they are very musical also!..the sub12 is better in every categories compared to the seismic12 i had before...im saving now to get a second one also..:)...rosenut looks awesome!.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Yes, get the perfect bass kit.....

If you add another Sub12 down the line, you can use the PBK for both subs....

EQ'd bass is the way to go... It just improves what you already have..

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Glad to hear you like it. I have 2 of these on order and was getting scared they won't impress and that I should have gone 15's.

They will impress, they just won't go as low as the 15"s.

I would say they are similar to the JL F112, which is an awesome sub as well... You won't be dissapointed at all, but if you want your subs to dig deeper into the teens - then the 15" would be the way to go. I don't mind not having my subs only hitting 17-18hz.... all the rest of it down below is just rumble....

C

clouso

Banned

Yes i will get the PBK at the same time i get my second sub12...read alot about it and it seems that it makes a big difference!...thx.

Unobtainium

Unobtainium

Audioholic Intern

I have read A lot about matched subs. That is what prompted me to get 2 of these. I also really like the way multiple subs control the room.
My buddy bought my 2 bps-150i subs, and is really working me for the bps-400 I had planned on keeping with my 2-12's. So, my question is this; if I sell him the 400, would it be bad to get a sig 25 sub to add to my system?
What are the downsides to this?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
If the overall Q on the other subs is different then the Sub 25 which I would think it will be, the lesser quality subs may muddy up the sound of the extra clean Sub 25....

Now the question is whether or not you will like the sound of them paired together.... I am not familiar with the BPS line...

People suggest sticking with the same subs to match SQ - but it is possible that it may not be bad with them working together... Ultimately - I am an experimenter so I tend to like to try things out - trial and error if a big fav of mine... I have tried out many different drivers in purchased products and ultimately in my many different builds.

Now, I do have a suggestion for you.... instead of dropping major amounts of money on that Sub25 - how about you build your own 18" LMS - I would suggest a pair.... For the price you will pay for 1 Sub25, you can have dual LMS's that will easily blow away the Sub25's in output and SQ.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis