George Lucas is delusional. Or a liar.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
The controversy over who shot first, Greedo or Han Solo, in Episode IV, what I did was try to clean up the confusion, but obviously it upset people because they wanted Solo [who seemed to be the one who shot first in the original] to be a cold-blooded killer, but he actually isn't. It had been done in all close-ups and it was confusing about who did what to whom. I put a little wider shot in there that made it clear that Greedo is the one who shot first, but everyone wanted to think that Han shot first, because they wanted to think that he actually just gunned him down.
George Lucas Now Says That Han NEVER Shot First As He Shoves Star Wars 3D Down Your Throat

For those who need it:

Han shot first - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You can also look at the script, where there is no mention whatsoever of Greedo shooting at Han:

GREEDO
Jabba's through with you. He has no
time for smugglers who drop their
shipments at the first sign of an
Imperial cruiser.

HAN
Even I get boarded sometimes. Do you
think I had a choice?

Han Solo slowly reaches for his gun under the table.

GREEDO
You can tell that to Jabba. He may
only take your ship.

HAN
Over my dead body.

GREEDO
That's the idea. I've been looking
forward to killing you for a long
time.

HAN
Yes, I'll bet you have.

Suddenly the slimy alien disappears in a blinding flash of
light. Han pulls his smoking gun from beneath the table as
the other patron look on in bemused amazement. Han gets up
and starts out of the cantina, flipping the bartender some
coins as he leaves.

HAN
Sorry about the mess.
Star Wars: A New Hope Script at IMSDb.

It is one thing to change a movie, but it is quite extraordinary to claim that it was always that way.

Next he will probably change it so the Empire are the good guys, and the rebels are terrorists, and then tell us that that was his vision all along, and eventually tell us that it was always that way, but that it was simply unclear in the original.

And yes, it is just a movie, but that does not explain or justify Lucas' departure from the truth about it.

itschris

itschris

Mark my words. There will be another release at some point with re-worked imagery and content. The Death Star will be the re-described as a place for misunderstood individuals who have suffered a tough life. Darth Vader's suit will be white not black.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
I think the new "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" is bad enough already... I didn't know Lucas was still forcing this issue. I regret buying the 6 movie Bluray set, but not until I watched it. What a mess.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I think the new "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" is bad enough already... I didn't know Lucas was still forcing this issue. I regret buying the 6 movie Bluray set, but not until I watched it. What a mess.
Oh, is it that bad? I hated the reworked DeathStar explosion at the end of Episode 4 (Star Wars original) when Lucas did his first re-worked release. Plus adding all the CG "lizards" just didn't work. He cartooned it up and made it worse.

I don't mind a guy milking something for all it's worth, but have some class in the process. Like make episodes 7, 8, 9. Plus openly admit JarJar was an incredible mistake for which there is no excuse and openly beg for forgiveness.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Oh, is it that bad? I hated the reworked DeathStar explosion at the end of Episode 4 (Star Wars original) when Lucas did his first re-worked release. Plus adding all the CG "lizards" just didn't work. He cartooned it up and made it worse.

I don't mind a guy milking something for all it's worth, but have some class in the process. Like make episodes 7, 8, 9. Plus openly admit JarJar was an incredible mistake for which there is no excuse and openly beg for forgiveness.
It's pretty bad, like shut the movie off without actually finishing it bad. I jsut really wanted like maybe some of the 1997 re-release stuff on blu-ray, not an entirely reworked thing. I also heard complaints of random coloring corrections that decreased the atmosphere a little. I had to go back and watch those parts to confirm cause I didn't really notice.

All of these changes just make me think of the South Park episode with Lucas and Spielberg, right after they made The Crystal Skull and decided to digitally enhance all their movies. Maybe Lucas is just a puppet like in SP....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Lucas is milking it, because it is his bread and butter. At this point, I think even fans are getting tired of it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis