Genuine Westone 3's on ebay?

P

Paul82

Audiophyte
Hi,
I want to buy a set of Westone 3 In Ear Isolating Earphones from Westone on their US site but for some reason they wont send to Australia, even though Australia is listed in the checkout.

They wouldnt accept my credit card details then i emailed them with wtf? & they said i have to buy them from the Australian distributor site.

But they are $150 more expensive on the Oz site. Much cheaper on the US site, good exchange rate ATM.

So I thougth I'd have a look on eBay. But have been told to be very careful on eBay because there are lots of chinese made rip off imitation westone's on there.

But I found this, much cheaper than the Oz distributor but is from Hong Kong. Sounds suss already...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130490936154&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_4313wt_1139

But on the page it says Brand New! 100% Genuine! 12 months Warranty!

So on that hand it sounds pretty good. But is it the truth?

I have emailed the seller asking how genuine is GENUINE? Genuine Chinese? With no response.

& he does have very positive feedback. There is no negative feedback about anything like this.

What do you think? Genuine? Should I buy them? Know anything I dont?

Cheers,

Paul.

A

audiofox

Full Audioholic
When I was looking for a replacement battery for my wife's Macbook, I found tons of "genuine" Macbook batteries listed (some from China, some from other places) that were not OEM Apple batteries (so they must just be "genuine" batteries!), so unless the seller can provide evidence that these are actually Westone-branded earbuds, they are probably just "genuine" earbuds (at least you know you will get earbuds and not a Macbook battery!). I would ask that specific question of the seller and go with what you find out.

P

Paul82

Audiophyte
Thanks for the info mate! & yes thats exactly what I was thinking also.

Westone's are made in the US, so why would they be selling them from Hong Kong? Sounds to me they are imitations.

Yes the email I sent the guy I asked that exact question. Here's what I said.

Hi,
I'd like to buy a set of these westone 3's, but just need to confirm are they definitely real westone's made by westone? Or are they Chinese made rip off's? Where are they made?

Are they exactly the same as if I bought them from the westone site?

I know it says 100% genuine but maybe that means 100% genuine Chinese? I just want to be sure because they are very expensive & Ive been told there are plenty of Chinese rip off westones on ebay.

Thanks!

Paul.
I have not heard back from him. So I guess that means either they dont speak english, which i doubt. Or they are selling fraudulent product....

Bugger, I had my hopes up there for a second, Thought I'd found a bargain.

Anyone else care to comment on them?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis