general hook up questions

K

knb023

Audiophyte
Hello everyone, cant seem to find much out there about this.. Using receiver onkyo sr507 and rm705 speakers. anyhow. I have it hooked up using hdmi from components to receiver then one hdmi to receiver-tv. what i dont like but understand is i always have to have the receiver on to do anything. I would like to have the option to be able to watch tv and game without the thing on , is the only way around that is to set it up different or use different wires for audio if that makes sense. I want to be able to turn on my tv and if its something i would like to use the surround sound on just turn on my reciever other wise just listen through tv speakers. (which i cant hear anything out of anyway) why is that?

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
I assume your TV has other inputs besides the HDMI? And your components have other outputs besides HDMI? If so, just run the secondary outputs (both audio and video) from your cable box and game system to spare inputs on your TV.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
It would seem that the receiver does not have the "standby" mode that allows for the HDMI to "pass through" while the receiver is asleep.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis