Gay Blood donating rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
i don't think there are people here who think that transfusion of gay blood will make a person gay.

I think people are thinking, there's too much risk of getting infected with something. (or my point is, it's a waste of resources UNLESS there's a shortage of donors)
No, it's purely about them being gay. Anyone can get HIV from anyone. And here we have people wanting to donate blood, that are being held back because of an out dated figure. You would rather have people that need blood die, simply because of this? As stated, the tests are VERY accurate for detecting HIV, but that still isn't good enough. I would put money on gays being blamed for the deaths of millions because they didn't give blood. :rolleyes:

People are scared of what they don't understand, and what they can't control.

SheepStar

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
If anyone cares to learn more about what the changes in estimated risks would actually be if homosexual donation was accepted, I recommend reading the article I've cited below from the medical journal Transfusion. The online site may require you or your library to have a subscription, so if you don't have access to it and would still like to read the article, message me with your email address, and either I'll email it to you or one of the hospital librarians will. If they email it to you, they might email you as Dr. your name... if so, just go with it. ;)
-Brad

Transfusion; Volume 43 Issue 1 Pages 25-33 - January 2003
M. Germain, R.S. Remis, G. Delage (2003)
The risks and benefits of accepting men who have had sex with men as blood donors

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Long story short, he thinks that by putting a thermometer in his son's rectum it could make him gay... I've also heard the same idea from parents concerned about breast feeding their daughter, scared it could make her a lesbian.
Like I've said before, this country needs to initiate the "license to breed" program. Surgically 'gum up the works' at 12 and undo them when they can pass the test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis