Funk Audio Line Array

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
What is the ETA?

Most custom speakers/subs take a long time. I think I waited 6 months for the Linkwitz Orion. I'm already @ about 3 months wait time on my RBH.

But the Funk Line Array looks at lot more time consuming.

So what is the expected wait time from order placement to your house on these Line Array?
Should be within a week.

6 Months? Wow I really wonder why O.O
As for the 3 months for your RBH for some reason I though you had them already :p

The Funk Arrays will take 2 to 4 months. It all really depends if he's swamped or not. That and if you are constantly wanting to add stuff in etc :D I was thinking about veneers for awhile too :p

Inching closer to completion yeah! !!!!!!!!!!!

mwmkravchenko

mwmkravchenko

Audioholic
Should be within a week.

6 Months? Wow I really wonder why O.O
As for the 3 months for your RBH for some reason I though you had them already :p

The Funk Arrays will take 2 to 4 months. It all really depends if he's swamped or not. That and if you are constantly wanting to add stuff in etc :D I was thinking about veneers for awhile too :p

Inching closer to completion yeah! !!!!!!!!!!!

We are going over his testing and distortion measurements in real time.

Like now.

And they are pretty stinking impressive.

So soon, very, very soon!

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
What is the ETA?

Most custom speakers/subs take a long time. I think I waited 6 months for the Linkwitz Orion. I'm already @ about 3 months wait time on my RBH.

But the Funk Line Array looks at lot more time consuming.

So what is the expected wait time from order placement to your house on these Line Array?
Hey Acu,

I think you will enjoy this one :) :D

My new channel is on here :)

[video=youtube;53EcjW5sPZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53EcjW5sPZ0&list=UUuoJajf4g7_tXU9j6sTuHGA[/video]

F

funky waves

Junior Audioholic
Mark, accidental reveal of my latest invention. Artificial gravity.

Herbu yes it is curly western maple veneer with koa corner inlays .

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
These videos are way too nice. Even the soundtracks rock.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
These look like really sensibly priced ....
I think these speakers is gonna shock you, even scare the hell out of you if you turn up
I listened to some Adyton line source designs and common for all of them is the incredible dynamics combined with a lack of distortion that is probably going to change the way you look at speakers, permanently.... After these you're probably not going to be able to listen to 'ordinary' speakers again.... like.... forever....

The only issue with line sources that I have heard is the the imaging sometimes gets strange, like Mark Knopfler having a 50 inch tall mouth, but maybe this has something to do with microphone usage in the recording. Anyways, this is minor minor minor....

You're probably going to enjoy these speakers to the end of the world. Enjoy !!!!!!

Last edited:
c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
These look like really sensibly priced ....
I think these speakers is gonna shock you, even scare the hell out of you if you turn up
I listened to some Adyton line source designs and common for all of them is the incredible dynamics combined with a lack of distortion that is probably going to change the way you look at speakers, permanently.... After these you're probably not going to be able to listen to 'ordinary' speakers again.... like.... forever....

The only issue with line sources that I have heard is the the imaging sometimes gets strange, like Mark Knopfler having a 50 inch tall mouth, but maybe this has something to do with microphone usage in the recording. Anyways, this is minor minor minor....

You're probably going to enjoy these speakers to the end of the world. Enjoy !!!!!!
The imaging is already extremely good on the 6.1Ps due to the extremely wide dispersion. Don't think there would be any problems with imaging :p As for the 50" mouth, just pretend you are sitting in front of his face ;)

Nathan gave his best for the highest level of integration while keeping the aesthetics ;)

I do not think very many Line arrays are built with a curved cabinet and to boot, custom face mounting and contrasting wood inlays with integrated amplification and a very powerful DSP. Just to squeeze every drop of performance out in that size of an enclosure.

It was actually Nathan's idea for the inlays since I am getting his 18.2s as well. Matching equipment :D
It worked out much better than I thought :)

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
!!!

Couldn't the line array be just the tweeters and midrange?

The RBH T2 & T30 are shortened line array speakers. They have built-in subwoofers.

I guess a full line array speaker wouldn't be able to have built-in subwoofers? :D
Well, it's close to what Adyton does with their line sources, using full-range drivers (from Fountek I assume) and a tweeter that rolls in above 10KHz, the tweeter is there I guess to cater for the roll-off that otherwise would occur in the upper octaves...

Imagic Silver Signature 2.0 Loudspeakers

Does it work, YES !!!

They are run full-range without any hi-pass, but they naturally roll-off at around 80Hz, so they must be assisted by two very well performing subs....

This definitely works and is less obtrusive than a 15" wide cabinet. I have no idea how it compares to the Funk speakers....

mwmkravchenko

mwmkravchenko

Audioholic
Well, it's close to what Adyton does with their line sources, using full-range drivers (from Fountek I assume) and a tweeter that rolls in above 10KHz, the tweeter is there I guess to cater for the roll-off that otherwise would occur in the upper octaves...

Imagic Silver Signature 2.0 Loudspeakers

Does it work, YES !!!

They are run full-range without any hi-pass, but they naturally roll-off at around 80Hz, so they must be assisted by two very well performing subs....

This definitely works and is less obtrusive than a 15" wide cabinet. I have no idea how it compares to the Funk speakers....

Quite a difference. We use a high quality midwoofer. Long excursion low distortion. And cross it over well below where it beams. The use of a moderate sized woofer allows for much less distortion in the low midrange and upper bass areas between 512 and 64 hertz.

The planars are exceedingly low distortion and radiate along their entire line length. So in effect there is almost no comb filtering possible within the range of almost all musical programs.

Like all Funk Audio products we listen, we design, then we engineer to do it better.

And Nathan makes a nice looking enclosure to boot.

J

jbrown15

Audioholic Intern
Quite a difference. We use a high quality midwoofer. Long excursion low distortion. And cross it over well below where it beams. The use of a moderate sized woofer allows for much less distortion in the low midrange and upper bass areas between 512 and 64 hertz.

The planars are exceedingly low distortion and radiate along their entire line length. So in effect there is almost no comb filtering possible within the range of almost all musical programs.

Like all Funk Audio products we listen, we design, then we engineer to do it better.

And Nathan makes a nice looking enclosure to boot.
Rumour has it he can build a nice enclosure!...lol

I think Nathan does some of the nicest craftsmanship around! I only wish I could afford it....lol

c2k

c2k

Junior Audioholic
Okay here are some pictures,

Enjoy :)

Here's my impression, My Energy isn't in the same class.... Even as a surround I want something with the same sound signature and same low distortion.

In terms of sound quality:
Dynamics, Detail, Forceful drums, Clarity, and vocals are beautifully handled. With the 18.2 handling the work load for the bass... This setup will not need a center because it images so well.
While listening to Jackie Evancho, it surprised me how good the voice sounded compared to my old Energy Speakers.

One thing to note is the effortlessness of a Line Array, it can easily fill a room and project it a long distance.
The only downside...
The guy on the right couch needs to move a bit to the left to watch the movie because they are so big!

Alright going back to watching and listening ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis