Full range speakers for small room 12x9

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Starting thinking about audio system for my holiday home. It is all very early stage. Ideally would like to start from stereo and later add 2 more channels. Wondering if i can just have 2 speakers and still get decent bass. Say 20hz +-3db. Also would prefer speakers to be rather taller than wider. Not wider than 25cm ideally. Is that possible at all? If so what are the options?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What's your budget? Full range speakers that go that low can get pretty expensive....

If you're in the US I'd suggest JTR 215RT or Seaton Catalyst 12C

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
These are a bit too large for my room. I dont need huge spl. Hope to spend not more than 2000-2500 for the pair.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Probably help if you post what's available to you and under consideration for your budget rather than blind suggestions....

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
You guys told me last year that proacs just physically cant go to declared 20-25hz. If it is +-3db. I love my proacs but now i tend to agree with you. They go deeper than most of speakers of that size but when i switch my subs on i clearly see the difference. But aestetically i love these speakers. Something not much wider. Dont care about finish. Will paint them to light green anyway)))

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Problem is that most of speakers dont mention +-db thing. Ready to pay for delivery from us. This is what i did with my subs and amps.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Except for specs
I can't find any measurements for the Three+. I found some for the TritonCinema Three, but I don't know how similar the tuning is between that and the plus. Now that I look on it, I'm not confident in the sound quality, given the measurements of +1 / -4 dB from 200 - 10,000 Hz.

I'm sure OP's not interested, but I just found a killer deal on the JBL Studio 580. If @Andrein were willing to save money on the towers and add a Hsu sub, I'm sure that would get him the sound quality he's after.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I would like to get bass not worse than my sb2000. Given small size of the room i hope it is possible?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Starting thinking about audio system for my holiday home. It is all very early stage. Ideally would like to start from stereo and later add 2 more channels. Wondering if i can just have 2 speakers and still get decent bass. Say 20hz +-3db. Also would prefer speakers to be rather taller than wider. Not wider than 25cm ideally. Is that possible at all? If so what are the options?
Since you are in the UK, take a look at speakers by Spendor, PMC, Harbeth, and ATC but especially Spendor.

In the UK you have much better access to good speakers than in the US.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I can't find any measurements for the Three+. I found some for the TritonCinema Three, but I don't know how similar the tuning is between that and the plus. Now that I look on it, I'm not confident in the sound quality, given the measurements of +1 / -4 dB from 200 - 10,000 Hz.

I'm sure OP's not interested, but I just found a killer deal on the JBL Studio 580. If @Andrein were willing to save money on the towers and add a Hsu sub, I'm sure that would get him the sound quality he's after.
Just going on various forum comments on overstated low end capabilites, like so many speaker companies do....

I have the 590s so would endorse the 580s in a minute if they're close and I suspect they are....

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Oh, @Andrein, I've been shopping on the wrong continent. Sorry. Didn't realize you were in the UK.

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I just trying to understand if idea is realistic. I have some nostalgy about huge full range speakers from my childhood. Though it was long ago...

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Thats fine. I need to understand if what i want is possible at all first. Subs are not ideal in my room. Though if nothing comes up will need to go this route.

Oh, @Andrein, I've been shopping on the wrong continent. Sorry. Didn't realize you were in the UK.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The JBL Studio series like 580/590 just might be avail in europe?

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
Since you are in the UK, take a look at speakers by Spendor, PMC, Harbeth, and ATC but especially Spendor.

In the UK you have much better access to good speakers than in the US.
Will definitely check these.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis