FS: Paradigm S8v2 (Excellent)

J

jb5200

Audioholic
Hey Folks,

Due to a major shift in audio gear it pains me to sell these beautiful Paradigm S8's v2 with the famous Beryllium tweeter. I have heard every tweeter (except for plasma) in the industry and beryllium is the best. It provides the detail of diamond with the air and sweetness of ribbon (to dry for me). Why do you think a lot of the major high end companies (Focal, Magico, etc.) use it!

These are in excellent shape - I would conservatively rate them at an 8/10. The only thing I could find wrong was a line of smudging along the top of one of the speakers which you can only see if you stand right up to them, I tried to get it in some pics and was marginally successful (see pics). They aren't scratches b/c when you run your finger over you cannot feel it. I am the second owner and I drove to Indiana from WI to pick these up and when I loaded them I just boxed them and didn't tape the tops closed (didn't think I needed to and the foam from the packaging rubbed against the top causing the smudges! Obviously this has no effect on sound b/c they sound and look amazing! The prettiest speakers I have seen in a long time with a solid Cherry cab instead of veneer!

Everything else about the speakers are in excellent shape - the grills are in excellent condition - no pegs broke off, common with these (in fact I have 1 extra brand new that you will receive)!

These are extremely heavy (100lbs a piece) so at this time I am not interested in shipping but I invite you to Oshkosh, WI to listen to them. I powered them with the Emotiva XPA-1 500w monoblocks I have in another add for sale and these compete with speakers a lot more expensive!

Price is $5000 + Paypal and lowballers will be ignored!

Thanks for looking
S8-4.jpg
S8-5.jpg
S8-2.jpg
S8-3.jpg
S8-6.jpg
S8-7.jpg
S8-4.jpg
S8-5.jpg
S8-2.jpg
S8-3.jpg
S8-6.jpg
S8-7.jpg

J

jb5200

Audioholic
I am willing to entertain offers as well as I am willing to meet as well to break up the drive!

Thanks

J

jb5200

Audioholic
I am considering shipping these at the buyers expense but it will be rather expensive bc they are 100lbs each!

T

Tigheen

Audiophyte
jb5200,

It was a pleasure doing business with you!

I drove over 3 hours from Chicago, Illinois up to Oshkosh, Wisconsin to be treated to the delightful hospitality of jb5200 and his family, along with the extremely pleasant sound of pure bliss emanating from these Paradigm S8 V.2's into my captive ears.

jb5200's setup was wonderfully laid out for a fantastic audition with loads of great music in both 2 & 2.2 channel modes and the astounding Home Theater mode for Pink Floyd's - Dark Side of the Moon and the stunning earth shifting movie experience (take notice of his 2-massive subs in the pictures).

I would highly recommend jb5200 for any future purchases of his equipment or as a buyer of someone's equipment. He keeps his gear meticulously and nestled comfortably in his splendidly designed custom setup.

To anyone looking to do business with jb5200, feel confident and comfortable with his honesty and integrity with the transaction(s). It was a pleasure meeting jb5200 and his family, they’re very kind and courteous people, which were of great assistance in packing up the speakers and loading them into the car with me. The entire process was a terrific experience.

Thanks a Million,
Tigheen

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis