FS: MB-Quart Vera 05B (Elseberry)

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Up for a sale is a pair of speakers that I have tremendously enjoyed over the past year. These speakers are, definitely, worth every bit of the $2500 that they sold for originally. Made in Germany, they are very well built and good-looking to boot. You can find detailed impressions on how they sound in the thread below. My reason for selling can be described in 1 word - Audioholicism. So, if someone else is suffering from the same affliction and looking for these speakers after reading the thread below, let's come up with a (temporary) cure!

MB QUART VS05BE bookshelf speakers - My take and Impressions

I'm looking to get $725 including shipping (Contiguous US only) and PP. (These ship in 2 separate boxes).

Attachments

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Would you consider a trade? I've got a pair of MB Quart VS05BE in elsberry I'd trade for them. They're pretty good.

Just curious. What do you have your eye on to replace them?

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
If you had them in a different finish, it would at least be enough of a change to keep me going another few months :)

Nothing concrete yet. I may not acquire a new pair immediately as I have a couple in the stable that haven't been used since the MB Quarts took over my office set up last year. If I sell one of those as well, I will look into the KEF LS50 or a reference version of an RBH bookshelf.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I'll trade a pair of RBH 61 LSE's for them!
This is the version with the Status Acoustics drivers (Scan Speak 9500 tweeter).

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Hi Kurt - can you please PM me the details (finish, price etc) and pics if you have them. Thanks!

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
No worries. Please also include the age of the speakers and condition.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Let me see if I can sell a couple of laptops to raise funds for the Veras.

I'm in Mukilteo. :D

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Lulimet - since you can do a local pickup, you won't need to raise as much! Plus, it'll be good to meet you. Lemme know.

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
Yes, I can do pick up. I go to Shoreline community college at nights and can stop by after school on weekdays. :D
Give me a few days and if they are not sold I may make an offer. :D

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Yes, I can do pick up. I go to Shoreline community college at nights and can stop by after school on weekdays. :D
Give me a few days and if they are not sold I may make an offer. :D
Sounds good. Let's see where we are in a few days. I can definitely meet you in Shoreline.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
No Longer For Sale. Sorry for the confusion, but I've decided I'm going to keep these. Nothing really has changed other than my flare-up of audioholicism seems to have subsided :) I spent a decent amount of time listening to them this weekend and that just reinforced all the attributes that make these speakers wonderful. Sorry again!

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Smart move!
I wouldn't trade (or sell) my favorite speakers unless I have compared them to what I was swapping them for.
Check your local dealers:
http://rbhsound.com/dealer_locator/index.php
If they have the speakers in stock, see if they will let you do an in home trial (often they will let you take the display models for a day). If not, ask if you can bring in your speakers for an A-B comparison.

N

nogaro

Full Audioholic
Thanks, Kurt. You're right, I should make a dealership visit a prerequisite to even considering new speakers (of any brand).Last I checked the nearest RBH dealer is a couple hours away. Might be a couple months before I can head there.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis