FS : ER18MTM ribbon version - $750

C

capricious

Junior Audioholic
With a heavy heart, i'm putting my favorite speaker on sale. With an infant (soon to be 1) son at home, and having lost my game room to nursery, i've not had a chance to listen to them in sometime. I've been listening to music late at night on my headphones and on near field studio monitors ... and don't see myself using floorstanders for some time in the near future. So here is your chance to get a fabulous pair of MTM floorstanders (ribbon tweeters) designed by Dennis Murphy.

They are near full range, and sound very very good. Many a time, i thought of building something new, but could never get myself to do it because i don't think whatever i build can be that much better than these for the money. These speakers are really that good.

I'll put up some pictures shortly. They are finished in real veneer and have hardwood baffle.

I'm located in 75025 (Plano, TX), and would greatly prefer a local pickup for obvious reasons (no packing material, and these are not exactly light weight). I can meet the buyer within a 100 mile radius of DFW.

Asking for $750.00

Last edited:
KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
With a heavy heart, i'm putting my favorite speaker on sale. With an infant (soon to be 1) son at home, and having lost my game room to nursery, i've not had a chance to listen to them in sometime. I've been listening to music late at night on my headphones and on near field studio monitors ... and don't see myself using floorstanders for some time in the near future. So here is your chance to get a fabulous pair of MTM floorstanders (ribbon tweeters) designed by Dennis Murphy.

They are near full range, and sound very very good. Many a time, i thought of building something new, but could never get myself to do it because i don't think whatever i build can be that much better than these for the money. These speakers are really that good.

I'll put up some pictures shortly. They are finished in real veneer and have hardwood baffle.

Asking for $750.00
Where are you located and do you need local pick-up only?

These are great speakers and I'm sure they'll find a good home.

C

capricious

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for bringing it to my notice, Kurt.
I've updated my post to reflect my location (75025), and will greatly prefer local pickup.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
It's all about that treble ... 'bout that treble. :D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
capricious

I remember how hard you worked on them. Good luck selling them. Remember to tell people, these speakers were designed by Dennis Murphy and perform somewhere between Salk SongTowers and Salk Veracity HT2-TLs.

A photo or two helps. Is this yours?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
So, who's near Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX? These are excellent Dennis Murphy-designed tower speakers for less than the price of new Philharmonitors.

I expect Isiberian and paradigmdawg to be soon racing to Plano, cash in their hands. Slipbidness, how about you? I forget where you are in TX.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I'm in the area and would be very interested but I'm trying to be good and save for a down payment on a house :D

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So, who's near Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX? These are excellent Dennis Murphy-designed tower speakers for less than the price of new Philharmonitors.

I expect Isiberian and paradigmdawg to be soon racing to Plano, cash in their hands. Slipbidness, how about you? I forget where you are in TX.
Yeah, I'm Central TX, probly 4 hours away.

Wheels.....are.....turning.....

I want them, I just haven't been able to justify it yet. I do already own the Philharmonitors though.

Hmmm, sell my GE T2s and replace with ER18s, probably not the worst decision I would ever make.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Just on looks alone these are a must have and Dennis being involved that just makes it even better to mine ears. :)

C

capricious

Junior Audioholic
Thanks, Swerd! Yes, those are mine. Thanks for putting up a pic. I have made some minor changes to the base in that, i doubled the thickness. I find them looking better this way. I'll take a couple of pics and put them up today.

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I wish I lived closer, at least in the same country I would be all over this.

Yes I know I already have a pair I built myself.....

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Gorgeous ! Anyone who lives in 5-6 hours driving distance is a fool not to grab these

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I wish I lived closer. I just sold my 5.0 Arx speakers and looking for a new system.

C

capricious

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for all the good words, guys! These speakers are indeed special.
Still available. I can look into shipping if the buyer pays for shipping and packing.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Still available. I can look into shipping if the buyer pays for shipping and packing.
I think it goes without saying you need to look into packing costs :p

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
It is good that you don't live in Europe, I would have to buy those off you if you did! Hah! Really nice looking speakers and I bet they sound good as well.:p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis