FS: Ascend Acoustics 5.0 set

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
Ascend Acoustics 5.0 speaker set for sale.

CMT-340SE mains (pair)
CMT-340SE center
HTM-200SE surrounds (pair)

I am the original owner and these are in great shape. I'll rate the 340SE's at an 8/10 for time and use - no blemishes that I am aware of. The HTM-200SE's I'll rate as a 9/10 as I bought them for rear surrounds and never got around to installing them.

I have the original cartons for all. I'm selling to raise funds for Sierra's.

$875 plus shipping for the 5 speaker set. I'll eat the PayPal fees. Reasonable offers only please! See links below for details on these speakers:

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cmt340m/cmt340m.html
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/cmt340c/cmt340c.html
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages/products/speakers/htm200/htm200.html

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Good question.....55318

Thanks.
Hey, if you don't mind me asking but why are you selling? I already regret getting rid of mine. :eek::eek: Do you still have the Denon 2808 CI? Hope everything is okay. Let me know my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
Hey, if you don't mind me asking but why are you selling? I already regret getting rid of mine. :eek::eek: Do you still have the Denon 2808 CI? Hope everything is okay. Let me know my friend.

Cheers,

Phil
Hi Phil...I was hoping to move up to Sierra's. Unfortunately I just heard from Ascend that they are completely sold out of Sierra's and probably won't have any for 7-8 weeks. But I do enjoy my 340SE's and have mixed feelings about letting them go. Guess I have a couple months to think it over!

I actually sold the 2808 and bought a 2809ci.

How's everything going with you Phil (other than missing your Ascends)?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Hi Phil...I was hoping to move up to Sierra's. Unfortunately I just heard from Ascend that they are completely sold out of Sierra's and probably won't have any for 7-8 weeks. But I do enjoy my 340SE's and have mixed feelings about letting them go. Guess I have a couple months to think it over!

I actually sold the 2808 and bought a 2809ci.

How's everything going with you Phil (other than missing your Ascends)?
I am glad to see you are just wanting to move up to the Sierras. Now that you sold the 2808, how do you like the 2809? Is it really that much better? As for me, I am hanging in there in spite of several set-backs. Just trying to be there for my Mom and make her as comfortable as possible. It is true though, I do miss my Ascends. The 340's are spectacular to say the least. ;);) Good luck with your sale. Let me know how you like the Sierras once you get them and have a chance to do some critical listening. Inquiring minds (like me :eek:) want to know.

Cheers,

Phil

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
2808/2809

The 2809 is similar of course but has the Dynamic EQ/Volume features that I wanted to try. At first I wasn't so sure I liked it...but after running the calibration a second time I have it dialed in and I'm enjoying the new features. The sub setup on this version of Audyssey is pretty touchy.

I'm glad to hear you can be there for your Mom Phil.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The 2809 is similar of course but has the Dynamic EQ/Volume features that I wanted to try. At first I wasn't so sure I liked it...but after running the calibration a second time I have it dialed in and I'm enjoying the new features. The sub setup on this version of Audyssey is pretty touchy.

I'm glad to hear you can be there for your Mom Phil.
I am sure the Dynamic EQ as loud commercials are so annoying. ;);) Thanks for your support regarding my Mother as she is my rock. Keep me posted my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
How does the HTM-200SE compare to the CBM-170SE?
The 200SE is a nice little speaker. It does not go as low as the 170SE, but it's comfortable with an 80hz crossover to the sub. It is also a sealed design so it is better suited for close placement to a wall or in a cabinet than the rear ported 170SE.

J

jons

Audiophyte
I am interested in the HTM-200se if you decide to break them up.

PM me with price.

Thanks

C

chas_w

Full Audioholic
I am interested in the HTM-200se if you decide to break them up.

PM me with price.

Thanks
Since the Sierra's are not available right now I'm not in a hurry to break up the set, but I'm sending you a PM jons with something you might be interested in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis