From the "Mine Is Bigger Than Yours" department

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
The driver looks like it might be the Stereo Integrity BHS-24. The plate amp cut-out looks like it was made for the Speaker Power higher-end SP models. Not to take away from Jim Salk's achievement, but this sub is like what Deep Sea Sound is doing. The Deep Sea Sound subs are pretty amazing.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
The driver looks like it might be the Stereo Integrity BHS-24. The plate amp cut-out looks like it was made for the Speaker Power higher-end SP models. Not to take away from Jim Salk's achievement, but this sub is like what Deep Sea Sound is doing. The Deep Sea Sound subs are pretty amazing.
Marianna subs don't come in piano finish ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Gorgeous! I sure wouldn't want to move those around...

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
just looking at them gives me a hernia! :eek:

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
I stumbled across this thread about a pair of 24" sub woofers that Jim Salk built. You have to see the photos. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=4i5j84gb79gicdb2vmc0e7v2h2&topic=147878.0#msg1582010

I assume the new owner has the appropriate 'audiophile grade' forklifts :rolleyes:.
I assume the woman in the beauty shot for the subs is not the wife of the home owner who will install them. She is still smiling.

These qualify for any bar room or party "mines bigger than yours" argument. The thread is aptly titled.
I shall have to share that URL with my sons. They are still impressed by stuff like this. Sigh. So am I.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I assume the woman in the beauty shot for the subs is not the wife of the home owner who will install them. She is still smiling.

These qualify for any bar room or party "mines bigger than yours" argument. The thread is aptly titled.
I shall have to share that URL with my sons. They are still impressed by stuff like this. Sigh. So am I.
LOL but imagine the grin on the husband's face! Not to be sexist....could be the wife's grinning and the husband is not into it (hey, it could happen ;) ).

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
I'll wager that Mrs. Salk is smiling because the customer/new owner's check just cleared...

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Jim, could you build a pair for my Yugo?
You know, if you put a pair of those in the back of your Yugo, it will lift the front wheels off the road. You'll need four per Yugo.

I couldn't resist :rolleyes:.

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
Ha! And my colleagues think I'm a pessimist? Imagine, someone thought they needed a *pair* of these things.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Ha! And my colleagues think I'm a pessimist? Imagine, someone thought they needed a *pair* of these things.
I just laugh because somebody had a big enough pair to ask for these in the first place

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis