FOR SALE: Bowers and Wilkins 801 Series 2 (Tampa)

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
I have a pair of B&W 801 Series 2 in black.

I am not the first owner. The previous owner had cats who have done some damage to the cloth (many pulled threads / runs , though no major tares) and scratches on the cabinet. Up close they are apparent, at distance I don't notice them.

I have all of the grills, and the attachment points are sufficient that they will stay oriented and in place (they look correct), but the grill attachment pegs have seen better days.

The previous owner modified the crossover (I've restored it).

The drivers are in perfect working and cosmetic condition. The speakers play and sound as they should.

The cabinet issues are all cosmetic and superficial. They could easily be covered to the casual observer with the use of a black sharpie (I've done no such thing).

BW 801S2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I think I remember when you bought these. They are definitely solid speakers and worth an offer for those looking for a good speaker.

JerryLove

JerryLove

Audioholic Samurai
Yea. They've been great speakers; but I've moved on to others (and the wife has made clear her dislike of the boxy shape of these).

It's time to do some house-cleaning. The Nautilus' will be going up as well once I get some pics (though as one might imagine, with a significantly larger price tag), as will my Paradigm Studio 40's and a few others.

Last edited:
D

dpl46

Enthusiast
Are your Paradigm Studio 40's still available? If so, can you post pics and the price?

Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis