For $1200 should which way to go. Please help.

D

darthkringle

Junior Audioholic
Hello all, and thanks in advance for any guidance.

If I'm looking to sink $1200 to upgrade some speakers, I need some advice.

I have a Yamaha Rx v2400 w/the following speakers:

Center: Polk CSi5
Rear: Polk Fxi5
Sub: Polk PSW505
Fronts (this is the real problem): Eosone RSF600

While I don't "mind" the eosones, they do not perform all that well w/Yamaha's Direct Stero mode (no sub).

My debate is-- Do I spend $1200 and complete the Polk setup w/their flagship RTi12's OR Do I spend $1200 on the Axiom M60's, and the VP 150 (To match 3 front speakers)? Since the money is the same, are the RTi 12's going to give me more bang/buck then the M60's?

Thanks in advance!!

T

twodan

Audiophyte
which way to go

i love my m60's and vp150, but that doesn't mean you will. on the axiom board you might find some one locally who's willing to let you listen. i too use a yammie: rvx1300. the combo is not brite, but will reveal poorly yecorded discs.
dan

toquemon

toquemon

Full Audioholic
As a general rule it's always better to preserve the general timbre matching of the speakers, that's why it's suggested to use all the speakers from the same brand and model. What is timbre? A low-sax (sax baritono) and a high-sax (sax soprano) can give the same notes but with different timbre. So it's recomended to complete your setup with Polk Audio.

D

darthkringle

Junior Audioholic
Toquemon- If I'm going to get the Axiom VP150 w/the M60's, then should I go w/Axiom? Really just trying to figure out if the M60's will sound better than the Polk flagship RTi12. I know the Axiom's are highly regarded, but the Polk's I'm looking at are the best 8ohm speakers they make right now. Thanks.

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
if you want the Axiom's you should get a whole front set... if you don;t want to lose the investment in the (so I've read) pretty dang solid CSi-5, go with the RT's. :)

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
If you like the way the Polk's sound, then go for the Polks. If you are not happy with the sound then you should probably sell the center channel and get a new center as well as mains so that they match in timbre.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis