Focupix 92" HDVio Install in Front of Plasma

H

hifisyd01

Audioholic Intern
I thought I'd share a few pics of my screen install... There were a couple things I needed to make sure I got right on this: First of all, the projo screen needed to clear the front of my plasma, and secondly, I wanted to make sure when the screen was in the down position, it must completely conceal the plasma behind it. Unfortunately, this made it a bit more difficult than the typical install. I also didn't want to see any wires dangling down, as that's a pet peeve of mine.
This is actually my 2 year old son's playroom, but I've been slowly injecting it with some of my own "toys".
I modified a couple $2.50 Home Depot shelf brackets and ran the wires in-wall. The wired up/down control is mounted behind the plasma. I wanted to conceal it since I'll primarily be using the remote for this function.
It's a small room; only 9.5' x 16.5', but I think it should be fun for some late night movies. I have yet to run the HDMI cable out of the Onkyo 605 to the Espon HC720, but that will happen in the next couple weeks. Hopefully Monoprice will get the HDMI splitters back in stock soon!

I'll attach a few pics and you can let me know what you think. I'm far from a shutterbug, but here goes...

Attachments

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Looks great, very good job!

You could probably benefit from a couple of bass traps up front... but I'll let you think about that one. ;)

H

hifisyd01

Audioholic Intern
Looks great, very good job!

You could probably benefit from a couple of bass traps up front... but I'll let you think about that one. ;)
Thanks for the comments.
Bass traps are definitely in my future, I just need to figure out how to sell that concept to the wife. She's been pretty lenient thus far, but I think that might be pushing it. I thought I was going to have to sleep on the couch for a week after the MFW-15 moved in! Of course, it didn't help that I purchased two of them... :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis