Focal Aria 926 are winners

Revelation

Revelation

Junior Audioholic
I purchased the Focal Aria 926 speakers which are currently being powered by a Adcam 555 amp and a NAD preamp. I am extremely pleased with the results I am getting. Most YouTube videos will say Focal has smooth high frequencies and they are right. They have comfortable bright top end. The speakers are very comfortable for long listening periods. The mids bring forth vocals and electric guitars very nicely. The lows are pleasant sounding and are balanced with the mids and lows.

The quality of the speakers are really nice and they look great. I was even more impressed with the speakers playing classical music. Wynton Marsalis has a album called In Gabriel's Garden and it was truly stunning with great sound stage and depth from front to back. Playing Boston More than a feeling or John Mellencamp Little Pink Houses also sounds great.

What was lacking on these speakers is a low end punch. However after about a week, the bass opened up and it really sounds great. The Aria 936 speakers go a little lower but I am very pleased with these speakers. The B&W I compared them to had a more splashy top end. They also sounded very good but for my taste, I preferred the slightly rounded top end which was easier on my ears.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might consider adding a sub(s), while the Aria926 have a decent low end response, not particularly noteworthy either.

Revelation

Revelation

Junior Audioholic
I originally used a Focal sub with it and loved it. However once the 926's opened up, I no longer needed the sub. Granted each room size, speaker placement to the wall and position affects the way it will perform. In addition we all have different taste. I don't like big thundering bass but bass that is balanced with the mids and high's but having a solid sound.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I originally used a Focal sub with it and loved it. However once the 926's opened up, I no longer needed the sub. Granted each room size, speaker placement to the wall and position affects the way it will perform. In addition we all have different taste. I don't like big thundering bass but bass that is balanced with the mids and high's but having a solid sound.
If you setup your sub correctly you will have balanced bass as the sub will only extend your low frequencies and make your speakers play easier as you take some of the heavy load off from them.

Revelation

Revelation

Junior Audioholic
Thank you for your input. What you don't know is I have been working in recording studios for 30 years and have studied how to adjust the sub and work with sub placement. Sound on Sound has had articles over the years on how to do this. I know what your saying but I am just saying for my taste, I like the bass the 926 provides to play The Beatles, Stones, Clapton, CNY, Classical, and jazz music. My Adcom 555 can handle all I give it and with my tinnitus, I don't play music that loud. A decent volume but nothing loud. I did try it and it was nice but without bass traps in the corners of my room, and the size of the room the 926's sounded great on their own.

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
Excellent choice. I got the same set of Focals and absolutely loving it. I do have 2 Klipsch 12" subs hooked up to my system, but they do very little in listening music if anything.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I have a pair and love them. I run mine with a pair of 10” seal diy subs and it is a great little system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Genchic

Junior Audioholic
When my wife and I were shopping for speakers, I haven't heard of Focal. We were at ABT Electronics in Illinois, and went through a few sound rooms with different brands and prices speakers. We were shoping for speakers around $2k for a pair. After auditioning speakers like B&W, Martin Logan, JBL, Klipschs etc. Price range $1500 to $7000.00 the Focal Aria 926 won. My debate was between Aria 948 and Aria 926. We decided on the 926 because we have 2 subs, to cover the bass response difference. After we received the speakers, and hooked them up, I realized, that they produce enough bass for our room on their own, so my subs come on on a rare occasion, mostly in some seens in movies. When I listen to music, subs are silent. When I learnd the history of Focal, which happened after the fact we made the purchase, I appreciate our choice even more. We went way over our budget, but sound quality we have now, well worth it. Money well spent.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Revelation

Revelation

Junior Audioholic
I had Infinity Kappa 6 speakers for over 25 years. The one tweeter lost some sound, the mid driver turned like a hard yellow color and I figured it was time to replace them. I was able to purchased the 926's at half price because they had the one color half off as they were discontinuing that color. When I added the sub I put the cross-over at 60 hz and I did not notice it ever doing anything with my music. So I put it up to 95hz. It was better at that setting, but once my speakers opened up, I found I did not need the sub with my audiophile system. (If I was using it for movies that would have been a different story). The 926 speakers produce bass down to 45hz, and I personally am happy with it. Any lower sub bass in my living room was a distraction for people in the house who were in other rooms. Yes I could have kept the sub in with my system and adjust the volume to just accent the low end. However I purchased my Focal sub for my recording studio room with my Focal Twins. In that setup, it makes a much bigger impact so I decided to keep them in my studio instead. When I want a little more bass for music that does not have strong bass, I just go to my NAD preamp and add 1 or 2 db of extra bass on the EQ

Hunter Mike

Hunter Mike

Audiophyte
I know this is an old thread but I picked up a set of Focal Aria 926 from Crutchfield in the discontinued Noyer Walnut and am extremely impressed. With a 60 day return policy it was worth the try. I considered the 936 but my room size and seating position was too small. I don’t need bass help because of my dual SVS SB3000 subs. I also get a lot of room gain below 35Hz because of the dimensions of the room.

Powered by a Monolith 5x200 they will play reference level in my 12x17x8’ room easily. I had been using a set of SVS ultra bookshelf and they sounded good but were stressed at louder volumes. I considered Ultra towers but the Aria caught my eye because my previous love of the Chorus series.

Now the SVS are rear surrounds in a 7.2.4 Atmos setup.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis