Focal 906 or Totem Mite for this?

L

lorcar

Audiophyte
hi everyone
I am almost set to buy

Ampl Cambridge CX A 80 (or CX a 60)

CD: Cambridge CXC

For speakers the one I liked the most so far are Totem Mite and Focal 906, but didnt have the chance to listen back to back...

what would you expert suggest? I'd like also to throw in the choice the SOnus Faber Venere 2.0 but not able yet to listen

i listen mostly to classical/chamber/opera/piano solo/jazz

thanks in advance

CDogg

CDogg

Junior Audioholic
Without a doubt, I would advise you to get the Focal 906. I have a pair of the younger brother, the 806V on a pair of Focal S-700 stands. Focals are the most natural sounding speaker I have owned. I have experienced a holographic 3D texture whether connected to ss or tubes.

I'm not sure what your room's dimensions are, but mine is 11Ft wide x 14Ft long, and the Focals encase the room magnificently. You can find these online from a few dealers. You would have to contact them to see if they offer an in home trial period.

These could very well be the best speakers you will ever hear. Keep us informed on what you decide to purchase.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Try and take notes for each audition jotting down all the pros and cons of both speakers using material you are extremely familiar with. Choose the system with the most pros or the least con. If tied, go with your gut. Totem makes awesome speakers and I've not heard a pair I didn't likelike.

L

lorcar

Audiophyte
thanks a lot
at the end I chose the Focal Electra 1007 BE, cant wait to have at home!
they are uglier than 906, but the sound was amazing

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
thanks a lot
at the end I chose the Focal Electra 1007 BE, cant wait to have at home!
they are uglier than 906, but the sound was amazing
Excellent! Those are wonderful speakers!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis